Site was down fit bit, back up and running had some updates and issues

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately this is what can happen when you have an open message board, ( a board that you just register on and are automatically in), anyone who has a grudge, anti hunters, opposite politics, spammers, etc, can join and proceed to flood the board with garbage. Late at night or early in the morning is when they make their attacks.

I have been running a hunting dog message board for close to 15 years and because of the baloney we are seeing here on this board I long ago went to a approved membership setting. I had a deal like this happen once and as fast as I was deleting the bad actor's accounts and messages they were signing up with new accounts and continued to flood the board with garbage. I now check every single new member first before their account is approved. In other words when someone joins my board I have ways of checking to see where they are from. When I see anyone suspicious as in members wanting to join from China, India, and a few shithole countries, along with the weird screen names like these jerks here are using I know they are more than likely up to no good and they are are not going to be approved as a member.:aggressive: 

It is a pain in the ass to have to do things that way, every forum owner operates their board as they see fit but being a one man operation the approved membership setting saves me a lot of grief and work cleaning up the mess that has to be done to restore things back to normal when these jerks decide they want to ruin your day.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2