burmjohn

What did you do to prepare for the 2017 season and what traditions?

The 2017 what did you do to prepare for this hunting season?

Did you add new stands? Practice shooting all year? Get some new land or land access?

What are you looking forward to this year?

What are your hunting traditions?

Lets see some pics of whatever you did in the off season that are hunting related (Stands, fields, planting, bow/gun practice)

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

Got daughter to help me work on an old logging trail food plot. PH I'm sure is off with limited sun. Got some green growth and deer seem to like it. All times of the day. Put up new blind I ordered at one end. Perfect for the normal wind there. 50 yard max shot for her. So my ultimate goal is for her to get one on the ground this year. Cmon youth hunt ! Also picked up this Kenai holster for the .44. A few adjustments and it'll ride higher and sit center chest. Hope to shoot my second deer this year with the hand cannon. 

IMG_7379.PNG

IMG_7380.PNG

IMG_7381.PNG

IMG_7382.PNG

IMG_7383.PNG

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Got daughter to help me work on an old logging trail food plot. PH I'm sure is off with limited sun. Got some green growth and deer seem to like it. All times of the day. Put up new blind I ordered at one end. Perfect for the normal wind there. 50 yard max shot for her. So my ultimate goal is for her to get one on the ground this year. Cmon youth hunt ! Also picked up this Kenai holster for the .44. A few adjustments and it'll ride higher and sit center chest. Hope to shoot my second deer this year with the hand cannon. 

IMG_7379.PNG

IMG_7380.PNG

IMG_7381.PNG

IMG_7382.PNG

IMG_7383.PNG

Love the last pic 

Another go at a clover plot this year better results. Hope to see more shooters this year than last. Grouping with the bow 20-30 yards out was much better all summer and daughter had fun with it to. 

IMG_1243.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

• Like 2

Shoulder surgery in May to be able to hunt the bow opener. Looks like I will make it!

Lots of watching my 13 y.o. grandson shoot his bow over the summer. Hoping to get his first deer this year. After football and travel baseball seasons are over.

New hunting rifle for the firearms season.  Planning to make some memories with it, before handing it down, when my hunting days are done.

New blinds built, old ones redone.

Look forward to the quiet time in the woods.  And some snow!

• Like 3

I'm  heading up Wed to my place, can't wait! Lets see how the temps play out.  Looking forward to some good meals and fun times. 

- John

Spread the word, and tell your hunting friends & family about - HuntingNY.com - New York's Hunting Forums

Planted a clover plot as well
As 6 apple trees, also threw a ton of throw and grow as well
As winter rye on the logging tow all
Coming in nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk