Just throwing this out there

turkeyfeathers

So with warmer temps approaching and having to drag a deer last year 2.5 miles it isn't always fun after pulling the trigger or in some cases releasing an arrow. Just text a couple of friends and forum members this as well. I'm all in for helping any forum members on tracking and or dragging out a deer. Live in Erie county but will travel within reason. I say this as I've stated before you folks are friends and family to me and haven't met most of you. My drags are always 1 mile to 1.5 miles. Last year one was 2.5. Can only live in the moment of " heck ya , I shot a deer " before it sorta sucks lol. Ive lost 2 retrieving deer I've hit with the gun on shots that were almost perfect but sadly missed my mark by inch or two. Tracked forever until on property until I hit no retrieval properly lines. Both deer give me haunting memories   Tracked one last year that went 1000 yards opposite car and one lunged with ML before finishing shot.  Not the best tracker by any means but 2 sets of eyes are better than one. Have deer carrier I can attach to back of car if needed too. So what it's worth, I'll definitely help if asked   Nothing asked for in return but sharing the moment of helping you find / drag out your prize. I hope that guys in your surrounding areas will do the same. If you don't want my help , call deer search lol. 

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

So with warmer temps approaching and having to drag a deer last year 2.5 miles it isn't always fun after pulling the trigger or in some cases releasing an arrow. Just text a couple of friends and forum members this as well. I'm all in for helping any forum members on tracking and or dragging out a deer. Live in Erie county but will travel within reason. I say this as I've stated before you folks are friends and family to me and haven't met most of you. My drags are always 1 mile to 1.5 miles. Last year one was 2.5. Can only live in the moment of " heck ya , I shot a deer " before it sorta sucks lol. Ive lost 2 retrieving deer I've hit with the gun on shots that were almost perfect but sadly missed my mark by inch or two. Tracked forever until on property until I hit no retrieval properly lines. Both deer give me haunting memories   Tracked one last year that went 1000 yards opposite car and one lunged with ML before finishing shot.  Not the best tracker by any means but 2 sets of eyes are better than one. Have deer carrier I can attach to back of car if needed too. So what it's worth, I'll definitely help if asked   Nothing asked for in return but sharing the moment of helping you find / drag out your prize. I hope that guys in your surrounding areas will do the same. If you don't want my help , call deer search lol. 

I would be willing to pitch in the same general area (WMU 9F/9H),  (or up in WMU 6C/6F some weekends), and I  could even bring along my "bloodglow" night-time tracking agent.  I have been itching for a chance to try it out.   

• Like 2

I'm in for Capital District. We have a tracking dog and are associated with Deer Search. Have recovered more than my share over the years for many hunters. With and without a dog.

I'm not much help with long drags anymore after some surgeries. But have a 6'2" 195 lb. grandson chomping at the bit!   And my legs are strong enough to make up for weak shoulders!. .........grin.

Edited by grampy

Ok I plan on texting all,you guys in a couple days ! Thanks .

Ive helped track before and would again . Sometimes a little friend with long ears and a sloping nose comes along ...

Live in 8f hunt 8H 

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

Awesome thread TF how great would it be to build up a network of willing help. That's what this sites all about.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On 9/29/2017 at 6:07 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Really kind of you man, if i get a deer out of my stand I am on the bottom of a prettt nast hill, unfortunately I'm sure Montgomery county is a bit far for u haha

I'm also in. Alden/Lancaster/Darien etc. I have a pile of experience but I also have a friend who has recovered hundreds. I've called him many times for advice and he is typically spot on. Tons of knowledge at my fingertips. Also, I have a ranger so forget the 2.5 mile drags !!! PM anytime.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk