LIVE From The Couch

Lawdwaz

I pried my azz off the couch this morning.......reluctantly.  :)

The Mrs had to work so I headed out to my East Aurora spot to snoop around.  I called and told the landowners I was coming to hunt unless the winds were as strong as they were predicting and that if it was too windy, I'd come out a little later in the morning to poke around. 

After a couple cups of coffee I made it there by 9am.  While cruising out the 90, I took the entrance to the south bound 400 and saw a GREAT buck.  He was only an 8pt but he was a stud.  For guys familiar with the spot, I was west bound on the 90 and the buck was in that little mowed area parallel with the old railroad tracks.  There's always deer there............that buck pumped me up!

After my walk (that yielded little new intel) I took a big long loop over through West Falls/Orchard Park area and then ended up back on the 400 at Transit Rd.  Only saw a doe and fawn and can't recall where they were, not that it matters.

Got home; washed and WAXED my truck.  Been meaning to do it and like to do it at least twice a year.......cross that off the list.  A PB&J chased by a bottle of water then put in a load of darks in the wash machine, now some football.  Hopefully get two more loads done, dried and folded/hung before the end of the game and momma gets home.

Then make dinner...........

After reading NYANTLERS post with pictures of the Youth Hunt and the other NY Bucks it lit a fire under my A*s , I said I have to Try. I have not picked up one of my bows for the past 5 years due to a heart operation,   part of a kidney removed and a worn out sholder joint. Before that I have been shooting one of them for the past 65 years since the age of 12 almost every day.It finally stopped raining this afternoon and I got off of the couch and went outside and set up one of my targets , took one of the bows off of  the wall hanger checked it out , waxed the string  , grabbed a few old arrows with field points and one with a broadhead. And said I better only take a few shots for the day. Hmmm , I better take a bow with me the next time I am out in the woods. 

20171008_142628.jpg

20171008_142214.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Moho, Hidden valley is awesome. You'll feed ostrich, water buffalo , zebras and more from hand. Food in the lodge is outstanding and my buddy is the head chef there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time there for the trolly ride. It was pretty cool feeding the animals. 

Unfortunatly Paul wasn’t there. He started his vacation today. I was hoping to hook up with him. I haven’t talked to him I probably 2 years. 

We where there as a company function for my wife’s work so the food was just dogs and burgs. Nothing cool. It was still good though. 

• Like 1

First time there for the trolly ride. It was pretty cool feeding the animals. 
Unfortunatly Paul wasn’t there. He started his vacation today. I was hoping to hook up with him. I haven’t talked to him I probably 2 years. 
We where there as a company function for my wife’s work so the food was just dogs and burgs. Nothing cool. It was still good though. 

Forgot you worked with him Feed some funky critters ? The huge bonfire pile set up yet ? Think they have a fun Halloween party out there

I'm really kind of bummed about this last weekend. Baptized the youngest Saturday afternoon and didn't want to risk a long day should my shot not be true. Plus with the morning warm temps and rain I wasn't feeling it.

Got all cleaned and packed for Sunday but as i watched the forecast it didn't look good. All 3 bad things for deer. Warm, Wind and Rain! stayed up drinking some wine with the wife and watched baby driver. Alarm goes off and I didn't need a lot of push to climb back in bed. Really hate missing a whole week of bow season but would rather not burn out a stand on a bad day.

Hunting from the couch again. Coffee in hand dog curled up to my left my girls next to me on the right.
Hurt my back pretty bad yesterday but I made a promise to hit the woods this evening with my oldest. Gotta stay true to my words so I’ll hit up the live from the woods thread later.

• 2 weeks later...