LIVE From The Couch

Lawdwaz

This thread is for all that aren't hunting today. 

There's always going to be those days that you'd like to be hunting but life (or laziness) get in the way. 

Today I have to winterize and closeup my FIL's trailer in Waterport.  Wifey and I will enjoy the ride up and back and maybe tool around wile up there.  As I'm sure all of you do, we love this time of year with the start of leaves changing, the grasses in the fields browning up and roadside stands all chocked with apples, pumpkins and decorative corn.  I don't have any problem missing out on an Opening Day of archery season as I know for me at least, the magic doesn't really start for a few weeks.  I may as well get my work done. enjoy some time with my wife and then when the time is right, hit it hard!

So here's to those of us with their ass parked on the couch for one reason or another.  Have another cup of coffee and get your work done, THEN hunt when the time is right!!

• Like 9

Coffee for me.Then I did my rotator cuff stretches. I go back to Dr. in 12 days. working on a design for a folding chair that has a table out in  front because i still cant use my shoulder. happy healing and good luck to the opening day hunters.  

The wind we had this morning kept Haley and I home. We haven’t had a chance to get the blinds put up yet and the couple of double stands we have up aren’t good for a light south wind in the morning. Figured it would be better to wait till the afternoon than risk being busted this early in the season. Plenty of time at this point. 

Gonna get a few things done this morning and then take one of the blinds down this afternoon, pop it up and hunt it. 

I don't bow hunt (yet) but I am getting excited for this season. Yesterday afternoon, my wife and I watched 2 smaller bucks fight each other for over a half an hour in the alfalfa field in front of our house. They would lock up for a few minutes and then go back to eating, then have another round.
This morning we watched 5 doe move from the edge of the woods into the same field. Seeing deer almost every day just adds to the anticipation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just checked Olcott pier webcam, at least 17 people fishing west pier for salmon and few fishing from boats in channel. Colder air and rain other day must have stirred the fish activity a bit. Some of these guys probably opted to fish and not deer hunt today.

• Like 1

I'm heading for the lake in about ten minutes...I'm taking my nephew's pretty young wife out to catch a few smallmouths, and maybe some perch, if they have the urge to bite following this cold front..

We're planning to get on the water about 10:00/10:30 ish, after the morning sun warms things up a bit..

It's been years since I bowhunted..I used  to hunt both NY and PA, but I never was very good at it...Hehehe... Nowadays I'm happy just to fish, hunt small game and birds and wait until rifle season to hunt deer...Personally, I find rifles much more interesting than archery tackle..

• Like 1

I'm sitting in my recliner on the computer, thinking about all the crap I have to get done! I shouldn't have slept in so late but I really needed it. I still need to wash and air out my hunting clothes, but it looks like next week is going to be warm again and i'm not going to sit in a tree when it's that warm. My garage looks like a bomb went off and I can't stand it, I need to get it cleaned up, besides if I whack one I'll need the space to hang and process it! The list goes on and on and on...maybe I should put down this stupid computer!

• Like 1

Just morning and late after noon for me...Lawd Watched an interesting You tube last night... guy surrounded by crazy big mounts...talking about how he hunts only certain days and each buck was shot on such a day...days after higher temps and winds and falling pressure. in other words he hunts high pressure days with cold temps and mild winds... I'm thinking I may be spending a bit more time "on the couch":wink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vizslas said:

Coffee for me.Then I did my rotator cuff stretches. I go back to Dr. in 12 days. working on a design for a folding chair that has a table out in  front because i still cant use my shoulder. happy healing and good luck to the opening day hunters.  

I'm with ya  but on different couch !   Had ankle fracture surgery 3 weeks ago, no  weight bearing for a least 3 more weeks  ,,,etc,,,

Hopefully  the weekend of Halloween I'll be able to do the ground blind. 

It's tough with  a state forest as my backyard...     

Good Luck, n Get Well   I know the feeling !

• Like 1

I don’t sleep well so I am normally awake at 3am begging for sleep. I ended up falling back to sleep and then over slept. 

I took dogs out for a few hrs then went to work for a couple hrs. 

Hoping football is exciting so I sit and watch instead of house work. 

Oh I am out of coffee, I stopped at Tim’s and that stuff is not that good 

Edited by Paula
  • Like 1

On couch now too . But hunted morning 13 deer a few turkey 1 Yote . Don't go back to work till tues. night , but won't hunt till Friday afternoon .

Meeting with contractor , junking one car , transferring another to daughter and buying one over the next two,days .

6 hours ago, growalot said:

Just morning and late after noon for me...Lawd Watched an interesting You tube last night... guy surrounded by crazy big mounts...talking about how he hunts only certain days and each buck was shot on such a day...days after higher temps and winds and falling pressure. in other words he hunts high pressure days with cold temps and mild winds... I'm thinking I may be spending a bit more time "on the couch":wink:

Was that Bill Winke's trophy room?  He has dropped some monsters.

Well, no drag call and I've been as patient as a kid with ADD on a sugar high.  Re-arranged my gear for xbow twice already, made another Lifeline, washed hunting clothes, made a shopping list for Cabela's then went out for a 2 hour scouting hike.  Going to be a long 5 weeks til xbow! 

I got all my work done up in Orleans County and got back around 4:30.........watched the DVR'd Bills game (woot) and now watching the end of the NASCAR race.  I'll probably plunk a few arrows in the basement Block then pound a Molson Canadian.  Not too shabby of a day.........

I see more couch (davenport for you old farts) time coming with these warm temps.  Won't you join me???

:)

• Like 1