Opening Day "Faux Pas"?

Cabin Fever

I forgot NOT to use the flip up backs on the little Ameristep chairs I bought last year! They are meant for skinny people! Hung my bow on a busted branch on the tree I was next too, set up the chair, sat down leaned back and went right over. Well almost over, all the little pine/fur sapling I had to my back as cover helped me not go all the way over, but close enough. I would have laughed at myself if I wasn't so ticked about making that racket in the dark. Now, I can laugh. 

When I got to the stand this morning, I realized that the shooting rail might get in my way, so I decided to remove it. Thought it would make too much noise if I just tossed it to the ground, so I thought I would tie it to my hoist rope and quietly lower it to the ground. I swear it banged, clanged, and vibrated on every step going down! DUH!!!! :O:fie:

• Like 1

I didn't forgot to bring anything. It actually went pretty smooth. I did forget to take the range finder out of the bag. Had a doe that I said to myself was out of range. It was a bit downhill. Ranged the spot later at 38 yards. It still would be ok the bubble of my comfort zone. Let 2 does walk today.

I also was a dummy and put my bow hanger up on the wrong side of me.

I did forget to pack batteries for the trail cams and one was dead. Brought it back home to put out again later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot to not look at my cell phone while I'm in the tree stand sat for 2 hours didn't see anything picked up my phone for 30 seconds 2 does run right under me don't have a chance to shoot lost opportunity
put the phone away
Ya big dummy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've gotten better over the years and bear hunting helped this year too. Took a while to get going in the morning though because i had all my gear ready except my socks, gloves and hat were still in the basement storage bin and not in the bedroom one. And nothing was in pockets and right where i need them like mid season.

Biggest issue I had was during september practice my peep tube broke at the cable tie. I shortened it a bit as it broke and retied. probably 100 shots and no issues. Around 8am I did a couple practice draws to keep the muscle loose and check my positioning and doesn't my peep pop off at the site! Obviously I have no glue with me and i don't want to shorten it. Tried to get it back on but it would just slide back off when i drew. I begin to panic because with my luck a shooter will show up and I'll have no ability to aim. I thought about a my lighter and melting it on and then a stroke of genius. I have zipties in my pack to tie tags and zip tied around the tube to keep it firm to the to the peep and it worked like a charm. I can be guilty of overpacking on a hunt but sometimes it comes in handy.

• Like 1

I ALMOST walked out the door without my bow, other than that the day went well, besides the fact that nothing came in :(:(.

One year I set my phone on the hood of my car while I was getting ready, and forgot it was there, when I drove off I heard something go thump thump over my windshield and onto my roof and I thought . . hmm I hit a bird, then 3 seconds letter I went OH SHIT THAT WASNT A BIRD. I found the phone on the side of the road, the only damage was a cracked screen, but it was internal so it was done for :(. Lets just say I TRIPLE check everything before I leave now.

I forgot my Ozonics, bought a new bag to put it in and left it in my car, too far to walk back and get.  Also forgot my binoculars at the house.  Of the deer I did see most were within 20 yards so no big deal.  Hoping the next trip in goes better. :)