Jason aldean concert mass shooting

silent death

The only bump stock equiped gun I've fired myself was an AK 47 , little bit of a learning curve at first . Good for shooting into a large crowd I guess but aimed fire at close range not so much .

Btw you can bump fire ANY semi auto , no bump stock needed, although one does make it easier .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

I still don't understand why one guy brought so many weapons up in the room. 

http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/234364/las_vegas_shooting_who_benefits/

I'm not a conspiracy guy but it really makes me wonder what the hell is going on. 

And why was there two windows broken out? Ah yes the conspiracy theories abound ..... ha-ha-ha. Yes there is many unknowns to theorize about, but it seems like we are arriving at a point where the authorities are opening up a little bit about what they have found out. It is interesting. You do have to wonder about what goes through the mind of a maniac and how anyone could ever work themselves up to the state where they would do such a thing.

By the way apparently he had looked at other venues quite seriously. Boston and Chicago were mentioned as alternative sites. And if we want to really get out on the conspiracy limb, maybe the authorities might want to keep an eye on these places. Maybe Paddock was just one of the bad guys.

Anyway, we will never be able to look at outdoor entertainment venues the same way again. I'm sure ISIS is taking notes.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

And why was there two windows broken out? Ah yes the conspiracy theories abound ..... ha-ha-ha. Yes there is many unknowns to theorize about, but it seems like we are arriving at a point where the authorities are opening up a little bit about what they have found out. It is interesting. You do have to wonder about what goes through the mind of a maniac and how anyone could ever work themselves up to the state where they would do such a thing.

By the way apparently he had looked at other venues quite seriously. Boston and Chicago were mentioned as alternative sites. And if we want to really get out on the conspiracy limb, maybe the authorities might want to keep an eye on these places. Maybe Paddock was just one of the bad guys.

Anyway, we will never be able to look at outdoor entertainment venues the same way again. I'm sure ISIS is taking notes.

That's the thing we don't know how or why people find the need to do this. Until we can figure that part out there is no preventing it unless we law abiding citizens carry concealed and protect ourselves and family. Unfortunately I don't think anyone with a CC permit would have stopped this guy short of going into his hotel room and laying him out. A report I read said he shot a security office through the door of his room when they came up. 

To the reason of the videos sounding like 2 shooters is because of him switching from window to window, the room he booked was a corner suite and broke out both windows. You can plainly hear the gun fire stop then start again as he walked from window to window. My only thought was why did he kill himself instead of trying to kill more people until the LEOs shot and killed him.

I'll admit that i expected an answer by now. The length it's taken for them to either report the motive or uncover it does lead to some wild theories and makes it much harder to not latch onto some of them. I understand that some people just snap. But snapping and meticulously planning something? I don't know. I fear 20 years from now this is no different than the "second shooter" jfk stories or the ridiculous 9/11 inside job missile conspiracies. Unless we get some very clear and believable facts soon that will surely be the case. 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

I'll admit that i expected an answer by now. The length it's taken for them to either report the motive or uncover it does lead to some wild theories and makes it much harder to not latch onto some of them. I understand that some people just snap. But snapping and meticulously planning something? I don't know. I fear 20 years from now this is no different than the "second shooter" jfk stories or the ridiculous 9/11 inside job missile conspiracies. Unless we get some very clear and believable facts soon that will surely be the case. 

I honestly didn't expect any answers.  Don't know if they will ever know what motivated this guy.  I think these days most people post all sorts of crap on social media outlets, and the authorities think they will find answers to most of their questions on there.  This guy was 64 years old, probably didn't do much if any posting on the internet, kept to himself, didn't associate with many people.  How will they get any real answers?  He probably had all the time in the world to plan this and very easily was able to hide it from the rest of the world.  By killing himself after committing the crime he forever took those answers with him.

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

I honestly didn't expect any answers.  Don't know if they will ever know what motivated this guy.  I think these days most people post all sorts of crap on social media outlets, and the authorities think they will find answers to most of their questions on there.  This guy was 64 years old, probably didn't do much if any posting on the internet, kept to himself, didn't associate with many people.  How will they get any real answers?  He probably had all the time in the world to plan this and very easily was able to hide it from the rest of the world.  By killing himself after committing the crime he forever took those answers with him.

i agree with that. but most don't go 0 to 100 either. they start with protests, rallies etc. and escalate... 

Well, here's the thing. If they even have an inkling that there is the slightest possibility that others were involved, it probably makes sense to keep it under wraps so as not to spook other participants into flight or push up any timetables for impending other activity. The investigation is still in progress and things are carefully being put together.

Also, this guy thought through things very well. He was able to keep his thoughts and activities buried very cleverly. Nobody seemed to have a clue that he was a wacko. So he is not making it easy for the investigators. It looks like he was quite adept at covering his tracks. In fact he seemed to be a lot more careful that some of these ISIS creeps. So I am not really all that surprised at the cautious information management and the difficulty that they are having with getting it all together and out to the public.

I'm hearing/reading that he was planning to escape afterwards ? Doesn't sound like he thought it through that well if that's the case. He checked in under his name ,the same name to the same room where the window was smashed out . Shouldn't be to hard to figure out who did it if he had escaped the room.

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

i agree with that. but most don't go 0 to 100 either. they start with protests, rallies etc. and escalate... 

I guess those would be the ones that have some political or social reasons to kill people.  Maybe this guy didn't?  Maybe he had NO real motives other than to kill as many people as he could as quickly as possible?  I guess that's why he chose the venue and weapons that he did.  

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well, here's the thing. If they even have an inkling that there is the slightest possibility that others were involved, it probably makes sense to keep it under wraps so as not to spook other participants into flight or push up any timetables for impending other activity. The investigation is still in progress and things are carefully being put together.

Also, this guy thought through things very well. He was able to keep his thoughts and activities buried very cleverly. Nobody seemed to have a clue that he was a wacko. So he is not making it easy for the investigators. It looks like he was quite adept at covering his tracks. In fact he seemed to be a lot more careful that some of these ISIS creeps. So I am not really all that surprised at the cautious information management and the difficulty that they are having with getting it all together and out to the public.

I'd like to be a fly on bthe wall while they interrogate the girlfriend. 

at this point, it really doesn't matter what a Bump Stock does..it was used on a weapon that caused a lot of damage, and that's all people need to hear....and in all actuality, pretty much anyone could have accomplished the same thing with an unaltered semi auto, what's a few rounds per second difference going to do when you have 22,000 people crammed together in a place like that?

Edited by jjb4900
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

........what's a few rounds per second difference going to do when you have 22,000 people crammed together in a place like that?

A few more bodies and wounded innocents per second. The tighter the crowd the higher the effect of more bullets per second. There is a huge difference between the carnage from automatic gunfire and semi auto. We never want to let the public be confused about that. So many people already look at the nasty mean looking assault rifle and don't see the fact that it is no real difference functionally than the millions of legally owned semi-automatic rifles with the old fashion plain looking stock. They are already assumed to be full auto by the uneducated. So let's not belittle the differences between the long heavily controlled full autos that are extremely rare in public possession, and the rather common semi-autos.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

A few more bodies and wounded innocents per second. The tighter the crowd the higher the effect of more bullets per second. There is a huge difference between the carnage from automatic gunfire and semi auto. We never want to let the public be confused about that. So many people already look at the nasty mean looking assault rifle and don't see the fact that it is no real difference functionally than the millions of legally owned semi-automatic rifles with the old fashion plain looking stock. They are already assumed to be full auto by the uneducated. So let's not belittle the differences between the long heavily controlled full autos that are extremely rare in public possession, and the rather common semi-autos.

I don't think you are correct in your assessment of things here.  Someone with a bit of practice can fire a semi-auto like an AR quite rapidly.  I will agree with jjb's assessment that there probably would not have been much difference in the end.  Whether you want to sugar coat things for the general public is a different matter, but the reality in this particular incident is that there would have probably been just as many lives lost.  Hell, he had more than one AR with him, didn't he?  If they were both on tripods he could have fired both at the same time.  One from each shoulder.  They don't have much recoil, and it's not like he really had to aim.  Just point and shoot.

It was a corner room the two windows made for two differant fields of fire , also shooting out of just one makes it easier for a counter sniper to. key on you . Yes a lot of guns , but the number of and rate of fire of the rounds will heat up a gun really fast so a few would allow for swapping out guns when over heated , as well as having a few at both windows .  He did have way more then needed though .

i heard a guy explain how a rifle gives off two sounds and at a sustained  high rate of fire  those sounds get over lapped to,those at distance  .  I know I'll mess up trying to explain it though . Ok,here goes .

The sharp " crack" sound is the sub sonic sound of the bullet coming towards you, its past you by the time you hear it though . The " boom" is the muzzle brake sound of the bullet leaving the barrel . At distance and a sustained rate of fire the sounds will over lap.

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, steve863 said:

I guess those would be the ones that have some political or social reasons to kill people.  Maybe this guy didn't?  Maybe he had NO real motives other than to kill as many people as he could as quickly as possible?  I guess that's why he chose the venue and weapons that he did.  

and how scary is that right? you can do NOTHING to prevent that. btw, that's the definition of a psychopath. Straight up dexter. 

3 hours ago, chas0218 said:

That's the thing we don't know how or why people find the need to do this. Until we can figure that part out there is no preventing it unless we law abiding citizens carry concealed and protect ourselves and family. Unfortunately I don't think anyone with a CC permit would have stopped this guy short of going into his hotel room and laying him out. A report I read said he shot a security office through the door of his room when they came up. 

To the reason of the videos sounding like 2 shooters is because of him switching from window to window, the room he booked was a corner suite and broke out both windows. You can plainly hear the gun fire stop then start again as he walked from window to window. My only thought was why did he kill himself instead of trying to kill more people until the LEOs shot and killed him.

Actually he had 2 rooms. One window was broken out of each room.

vegas Layout.jpg

FBI Agents Working Evidence of Second Las Vegas Shooter Have Been Directed by DC Bosses To Stand Down

Right now my working theory is that Paddock was involved in some sort of governmental shadow deal, not unlike Fast n Furious, either with cartel members or US based Jihadi groups. The deal went sour and in order to exculpate any connection to Federal involvement, a bizarre and nonsensical lone wolf narrative is being foisted on us

http://truepundit.com/fbi-agents-working-evidence-of-second-las-vegas-shooter-have-been-directed-by-dc-bosses-to-stand-down/

Edited by Papist

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Actually he had 2 rooms. One window was broken out of each room.

vegas Layout.jpg

Looks like a door going between the 2 rooms if you look to the right of the "m" in room. He might have had both rooms but still don't think there were 2 people based on the videos.

Looks like a door going between the 2 rooms if you look to the right of the "m" in room. He might have had both rooms but still don't think there were 2 people based on the videos.

They are adjoining rooms and they said he had both

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

There probably is, but I dont really think he was running between the two, the pauses between volleys were about long enough for him to be switching rifles, or swapping mags, but who knows. He had 3 days to set this up. For all we know he cut a hole in the wall between the rooms lol.

5 hours ago, Papist said:

FBI Agents Working Evidence of Second Las Vegas Shooter Have Been Directed by DC Bosses To Stand Down

Right now my working theory is that Paddock was involved in some sort of governmental shadow deal, not unlike Fast n Furious, either with cartel members or US based Jihadi groups. The deal went sour and in order to exculpate any connection to Federal involvement, a bizarre and nonsensical lone wolf narrative is being foisted on us

http://truepundit.com/fbi-agents-working-evidence-of-second-las-vegas-shooter-have-been-directed-by-dc-bosses-to-stand-down/

You can't possibly be serious with this? I am not even going into some of the replies I read on this post from the link you posted!

Example, if you scroll down in the comments you will find this:

Pink Deer • 21 hours ago

Forensics from the bullets of victims compared to the guns in the hotel room would solve this. Also wouldn't there be brass casings on the ground in the field? This should be easy to determine beyond analyzing audio. This coverup seals the deal about how absolutely corrupt and gone this country is. Poor America...I so ache for this lost country.

Is this person referring to there would be casings on the field where the victims were shot? That's the only "field" there would be. I have yet to see a bullet casing travel 200+ yards. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Reynolds-Wrap-Aluminum-Foil-250-Sq-Ft/21129696

There is so much unknown about this whole thing it's ridiculous. As the news progresses ( the REAL NEWS ) it's mind numbing. One thing that seems to seeping out more and more is that Aldean wasn't 100% right in the head.