Do You Support Crossbow Full Inclusion into the NY Archery Season?

tughillmcd

NYCC ended 2017 membership at 867 when we started accepting the 2018 memberships in August.

Since August we have added 75 new new members.

1) Do you support Full Inclusion of Crossbows into the NY Bow Season? 
2) Do you want to see the arbitrary restrictions on Draw Weight and Limb Width removed? 
3) Do you believe crossbows should be permitted to be used by everyone in all Archery Only areas? 
4) Do you believe we should be using the Bow Privilege instead of the Muzzleloader Privilege? 
5) Are you a current 2018 NYCC Member?

If you answered yes to questions 1-4, and no to being a 2018 Member, What are you waiting for?

NYCC is actively pursuing Legislation to change the laws in Albany to allow the DEC to set all seasons and conditions to use crossbows in NY. WE can not do this alone.

Join NYCC by November 1st and you are not only putting your voice behind our efforts, but you will be entered in a "Member Only Raffle" for a Excalibur GRZ2 Crossbow or a PSE Fang Crossbow package, winners choice.

Your $20 membership is an investment in the future of Crossbow Hunting in NY

Can we count on YOU! Join or Renew TODAY!

http://nycrossbowcoalition.com/membership

• Like 1

Nope...age restrict it and I'll vote Yes I believe unless you are 40 years old or older you should learn like everyone else had to unless you are handicap in some way...contrary to beliefe anybody can just pick up a crossbow that is sighted in already and hunt ...with a compound u have to practice to become proficient with no scope or anything like that

• Like 1

I support full inclusion. But anyone who so "chooses", can still hunt with compound or traditional bow.  I say "chooses", because I don't think I should be making my "choice", impact other hunters. Each hunter should have their own "choice", on how they want to hunt, as long as it's legal. I'ts all good.

• Like 8

Years ago I was against them...then I picked one up at Gander and looked through the scope...I went in to buy a 10.00 card reader and left with a 300+ dollar bow...I hated using it the first few times...It's bulky...now I have shot a few deer with it and dang drops them and crazy fast...

All that said...no full inclusion unless it is a bow class and bow tag...I won't change on the full bow certification, period...as far as use...Hell they have it available for the best time in the deer woods now for anyone that wants to buy a muzzle loader tag so why not full inclusion....WITH A FULL BOW CLASS...You know if a person has the certification,maybe just maybe they would give compounds or traditional a try as well. :wink:

• Like 1

well i would say yes full inclusion, i look at when there were just recurve and long bows compared to them todays modern bows are nothing like them.. but agree with grow put it under the bow stamp and make people attended the hunter safety bow class

• Like 1

1) Do you support Full Inclusion of Crossbows into the NY Bow Season? No
2) Do you want to see the arbitrary restrictions on Draw Weight and Limb Width removed? No
3) Do you believe crossbows should be permitted to be used by everyone in all Archery Only areas? No
4) Do you believe we should be using the Bow Privilege instead of the Muzzleloader Privilege? Yes
5) Are you a current 2018 NYCC Member? No

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

1) Do you support Full Inclusion of Crossbows into the NY Bow Season? No
2) Do you want to see the arbitrary restrictions on Draw Weight and Limb Width removed? No
3) Do you believe crossbows should be permitted to be used by everyone in all Archery Only areas? No
4) Do you believe we should be using the Bow Privilege instead of the Muzzleloader Privilege? Yes
5) Are you a current 2018 NYCC Member? No

1) YES 

2) YES

3) YES

4) YES

5). NO

Truthfully the only reason i say no is because my dumb neighbor only comes out for crossbow and gun. This guy walks our property line during daylight like hes goin to jump shoot a deer with his crossbow. Walks in after it gets light, he has no consideration for his neighbors. I know its his property but co.e on. So no, i dont want to deal with him until i have to in november. Sorry thats selfish but hes an idiot.

• Haha 1

Yes full inclusion.. but I would.like to see the bow class mandatory.. Actually. I would.like to see an anatomy test and blood trailing test in bow course as well.. I know quite a few who bought a crossbow and have it up already when they missed deer shooting at them at gun ranges..

Archery course is much better at teaching range limitations. And honestly I believe bow hunting and learning how to get game.close enough makes you a better gun hunter

• Like 3

Tell you what, NY has already cost me thousands of dollars in equipment and fees with all of it's jacked up and shifting laws.  I really do not want to plunk down another grand for the privelege of hunting an extra 5 weeks.  Bow/xbow combined season would be fine by me, but I won't be beating the drums for it.

Personally no, however i will not object if enough people push for it. To me a cross bow is not a bow, therefore should not be an "archery" kill. I'm sure people said the same thing about a compound when it happened though. 

1) Do you support Full Inclusion of Crossbows into the NY Bow Season?  no
2) Do you want to see the arbitrary restrictions on Draw Weight and Limb Width removed? not sure
3) Do you believe crossbows should be permitted to be used by everyone in all Archery Only areas?  no
4) Do you believe we should be using the Bow Privilege instead of the Muzzleloader Privilege?   no
5) Are you a current 2018 NYCC Member? no

Edited by Hock3y24

What is it about some of us die-hard archery hunters that stubbornly refuse to let crossbows into the bow season? We had almost no reservation about the intro of compound bows. Now we're drawing the line in the sand...?

JMO, but as a life long bow hunter it embarrasses me to read some of the selfish reasons for not considering Xbows as archery tackle. 

Do agree with others that would like the bow hunting safety course to be more in depth and a requirement for hunting w/Xbows. A special license for Xbow hunting might help pay for these additional training expenses. Grumble..$$. With a special license, the DEC could track Xbow harvests, unlike how it currently is grouped into "bow kills". All the above could possibly do away with that stereotypical scenario of a gun hunter who's never hunted with a bow from signing a stupid certification, purchasing a ML license, buying a Xbow and using it the next day. I've heard these horror stories 1st hand and as a bow AND Xbow hunter they upset me!!

• Like 1