Do You Support Crossbow Full Inclusion into the NY Archery Season?

tughillmcd

On 10/9/2017 at 11:19 AM, Belo said:

what's so confusing here? Again, nobody here is throwing a rally to keep crossbows out of archery season. It's just an opinion that many of us share. If anything, this is inclusive. 

Perhaps I just placed a wrong interpretation on your statement. It sounded (to me) like you (the great Bwana and grantor of all gifts) feel us mere mortals should be grateful for your kind deliverance of allowance. It sounded a bit like a granted gift from KJU to the lowly peasants of NPK. We should all be thankful. 

13 minutes ago, bugsNbows said:

Perhaps I just placed a wrong interpretation on your statement. It sounded (to me) like you (the great Bwana and grantor of all gifts) feel us mere mortals should be grateful for your kind deliverance of allowance. It sounded a bit like a granted gift from KJU to the lowly peasants of NPK. We should all be thankful. 

Lol. What?

Marketing. Who cares.

Yes to their target audience. Rifle hunters who had no desire to bow hunt or learn the skill sets it takes to bow hunt.
this isn't about inclusion because no one has been excluded up until this point. Anyone who wanted to bow hunt can buy a license use a bow and bow hunt.
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Yes to their target audience. Rifle hunters who had no desire to bow hunt or learn the skill sets it takes to bow hunt.
this isn't about inclusion because no one has been excluded up until this point. Anyone who wanted to bow hunt can buy a license use a bow and bow hunt.

It is about inclusion. Inclusion of crossbows into all of archery season, where they belong.

They are marketing to anyone that wants an accurate crossbow. Stop cherry picking specific ads to take out of context and take a look at the whole marketing campaign that they are putting out.

Check this out, a bow sight claiming rifle like accuracy too. Guess they must be marketing this to all of the "lazy gun hunters".

peep_home1.jpg

It is about inclusion. Inclusion of crossbows into all of archery season, where they belong.
They are marketing to anyone that wants an accurate crossbow. Stop cherry picking specific ads to take out of context and take a look at the whole marketing campaign that they are putting out.
Check this out, a bow sight claiming rifle like accuracy too. Guess they must be marketing this to all of the "lazy gun hunters".

peep_home1.thumb.jpg.e7852af69c0db7401b1a3e605b4f09fc.jpg

They don't belong in the archery season for able bodied individuals. No pre drawn weapon does unless its being used by someone handicapped or elderly.

15 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

They don't belong in the archery season for able bodied individuals. No pre drawn weapon does unless its being used by someone handicapped or elderly.

Define "able bodied".  It is not as easy as you make it sound.  The devil is always in the details.

Define "able bodied".  It is not as easy as you make it sound.  The devil is always in the details.

oh please, come up with some arbitrary form that the state puts out that has to get signed by a doctor and notarized. We aren't reinventing the wheel with something like that. In fact it probably already exists in the mountains of statutes already written by our illustrious department of environmental conservation.

On 10/9/2017 at 11:49 AM, moog5050 said:

I have a great solution - rotate very 3 years - (1) traditional only, (2) trad and compound, (3) trad, compound, xbow.  At least that is how I would solve it with my kids.  Everyone gets what they want.  lol  Solomon I am not.

Better solution: allow every weapon in a shorter 24-hour Purge-like season. Barehands, rocks, spears, bows, crossbows, rifles, bazookas, tannerite, Black Hawks; and open season on every fur and feathered animal including farm dogs and other hunters. 

What we a seeing now is the last-minute dying gasps of the anti's, in what will very likely to be the last season before their ship goes down and full inclusion arrives.  We should try and comfort them in this very trying time.  Maybe point to the adjacent states of Ohio or PA, where the sky did not fall.  It will be ok folks.  You are very concerned with what weapon we use, but we are mostly all ok with you continuing to use your compounds, recurves, and longbows in Our seasons.  Happy hunting to all, whichever weapon you use.  I am off to the northern zone tomorrow, where the good times started rolling today.      

On 10/10/2017 at 1:20 PM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Since the majority of the state is NOT AR, maybe the correct thing to do is NOT have AR in the state becasue it worked everywhere else in the state?  (Guess "Worked" depends on your goals)

not the place.  should've just let it go. lol

2 hours ago, Trial153 said:

if i get in a car accident because of some kid plowing into me with his dad's SUV it'd make me sit out bow season early. if some like happens, can hunt with a crossbow while i carry a doctors note to show it to an ECO or would i have to display it with my back tag that's in my pocket?

if i get in a car accident because of some kid plowing into me with his dad's SUV it'd make me sit out bow season early. if some like happens, can hunt with a crossbow while i carry a doctors note to show it to an ECO or would i have to display it with my back tag that's in my pocket?

I really don't know how right now the regulations are worded for persons with disabilities at this time. I am sure it's laid out simple enough.

1 hour ago, dbHunterNY said:

pretty sure your submit documentation from your Dr. along with the application for the permit to DEC and they in turn supply you with the permit that you carry with your license...doesn't have to be displayed on the outside of your body.

here ya go....http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/25022.html

Edited by jjb4900

17 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

I really don't know how right now the regulations are worded for persons with disabilities at this time. I am sure it's laid out simple enough.

If you are disabled and it prevents you from drawing a bow back, you can apply for a modified archery permit and you can then use a Draw-loc that attaches to your compound bow and hunt using that device.

• Like 1

So as of right now. Anyone that has taken a bowhunter safety coarse and that buys a archery license can use a bow and participate in the archery season. Furthermore if you have a disability that prevents you from using a bow you can get a waiver to participate.
Tell me again why we need to allow a weapon in the archery season that is hand drawn and held until it is fired?

We have inclusion, full inclusion. Anyone that wants to bow hunt can bowhunt in our archery season.