Do You Support Crossbow Full Inclusion into the NY Archery Season?

tughillmcd

10 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

So as of right now. Anyone that has taken a bowhunter safety coarse and that buys a archery license can use a bow and participate in the archery season. Furthermore if you have a disability that prevents you from using a bow you can get a waiver to participate.
Tell me again why we need to allow a weapon in the archery season that is hand drawn and held until it is fired?

We have inclusion, full inclusion. Anyone that wants to bow hunt can bowhunt in our archery season.

did you read the requirements to get a modified crossbow permit that allows someone who's disabled to use a crossbow during the entire archery season? you basically have to be blowing threw a straw to use one.....and that's not a joke.

• Like 2

did you read the requirements to get a modified crossbow permit that allows someone who's disabled to use a crossbow during the entire archery season? you basically have to be blowing threw a straw to use one.....and that's not a joke.

Then change it. Several people have said that we believed that crossbow use should be allowed for the elderly and disabled. That's a far cry then allowing ad hock use of a weapon by that doesn't resemble and adhere to being hand drawn and hand held, as well as limited in range which was the intent of the season.

Then change it. Several people have said that we believed that crossbow use should be allowed for the elderly and disabled. That's a far cry then allowing ad hock use of a weapon by that doesn't resemble and adhere to being hand drawn and hand held, as well as limited in range which was the intent of the season.

Within two years it will be included
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, left field said:

Better solution: allow every weapon in a shorter 24-hour Purge-like season. Barehands, rocks, spears, bows, crossbows, rifles, bazookas, tannerite, Black Hawks; and open season on every fur and feathered animal including farm dogs and other hunters. 

Geeze I am pretty inclusive in my thinking but this may be a bit overboard.  Sounds like an idea from ..... left field!

• Like 2

pretty sure your submit documentation from your Dr. along with the application for the permit to DEC and they in turn supply you with the permit that you carry with your license...doesn't have to be displayed on the outside of your body.
here ya go....http://www.dec.ny.gov/permits/25022.html
Seems only having to do with permanent disability. That's unfortunate.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Trial153 said:

So as of right now. Anyone that has taken a bowhunter safety coarse and that buys a archery license can use a bow and participate in the archery season. Furthermore if you have a disability that prevents you from using a bow you can get a waiver to participate.
Tell me again why we need to allow a weapon in the archery season that is hand drawn and held until it is fired?

We have inclusion, full inclusion. Anyone that wants to bow hunt can bowhunt in our archery season.

Tell me again what recurve or longbow you are using EXCLUSIVELY for bowhunting? I'm sure you are not using a compound because the only reason to do so is because it is easier. 

Tell me again what recurve or longbow you are using EXCLUSIVELY for bowhunting? I'm sure you are not using a compound because the only reason to do so is because it is easier. 

You mean my Hoyt Buffalo that I draw and hold in the presence of game on my own volition just like my Elite? Sorry no hand cranks here.

14 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Brilliant ideas. Ohio bow season is a zoo since crossbows have been allowed. Import some more Amish while your at it..

Thats not what I have heard. They have allowed crossbows for what? 41 years? Heres the current status of crossbows across the nation. NY will fall in line with the majority before long.

crossbowmap.JPG

How long before the "disabled" people play the system ,think of it as people with a handicap pass on their mirror ,those are largely distributed to people who are just lazy ,it just takes the right doctor . You get people who actually need to use one and can't find a place to park.

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I still don't get why people are against full inclusion. Who cares if other people use a crossbow, nobody is forcing you to use one.

because you don't show the same level of devotion to be a real deer hunter as they do and becasue of that you shouldn't have a chance to shoot their deer. 

• Like 3

How long before the "disabled" people play the system ,think of it as people with a handicap pass on their mirror ,those are largely distributed to people who are just lazy ,it just takes the right doctor . You get people who actually need to use one and can't find a place to park.

I don't feel we should legislate against somebody that is disabled just because there are people that will break or skirt the law. If somebody is disabled or even the elderly we should make allowances for them to hunt during the archery season with a crossbow. However if someone is able bodied there is no reason why they cannot participate in the archery season with archery equipment. i.e hand draw and held bow.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Trial153 said:

You have your opinion of what belongs in archery season, and that is fine. There is also the opinion, that many people agree with, that crossbows are archery equipment, there is no significant advantage to them other than the amount of practice to become proficient, and therefore they belong in archery season as another tool for people to use.

27 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I still don't get why people are against full inclusion. Who cares if other people use a crossbow, nobody is forcing you to use one.

25 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

because you don't show the same level of devotion to be a real deer hunter as they do and becasue of that you shouldn't have a chance to shoot their deer. 

Even though the hunter using a crossbow, may be a better than average bowhunter too.  As the most successful crossbow hunters will be the average or above bowhunter.  As they will already have the skills needed to get close to deer. As that is the number one skill needed to kill a deer, be it with a bow or crossbow.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

i still dont get why people advocate for full inclusion. No one is stopping you from using a "real" bow.  And for that very small percentage of people that "cant" because of age and or physical disability there is almost unanimous support for them being included.

3 minutes ago, brownclown said:

i still dont get why people advocate for full inclusion. No one is stopping you from using a "real" bow.  And for that very small percentage of people that "cant" because of age and or physical disability there is almost unanimous support for them being included.

Why do you care what type of archery equipment someone else chooses to use is?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brownclown said:

But you didn't answer the question. you can still use a "real" bow (I assume you mean recurve, longbow, traditional, compound, 85% let-off, etc.), so again you don't have to buy an xbow to keep hunting with a "real" bow, so how does it affect you?

In the ML season, some people use flintlock old school guns while others use inline ML's.

Right now in archery, some people use traditional equipment while others use modern Compounds. I just don't see why people care so much. I have a compound now so it doesn't affect me, but I wouldn't be against it. They should be allowed in Westchester too. These threads always go on and on and on, but the fact is that its only a matter of time before NY is like PA, CT, NJ, OH, etc. and allows it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Why do you care what type of archery equipment someone else chooses to use is?

Since you continue to stoke the argument and toss out baited questions, I will answer. It's because the xgun is not archery equipment and hasn't even been considered in the archery season until only very recently as evidence of that among other things.