Who's taking a youth gun hunting this weekend for youth season?

turkeyfeathers

Can't wait !! Weather looks a little warm and possibly wet. After last season and first deer season for daughter she never got a shot. Crazy as had 19 different bucks on 3 cams in 7 day check. Most were all day pics too. Hunted 3 days and didn't see a single deer ! Had her out a few times in regular season but again ,no shot. She has 2 DMP's for area we hunt so hoping this year she gets a shot or 2  Little Remington youth 20 gauge all dialed in and ready to go. She helped me immensely at raking out and old logging trail and planted clover and timothy grass. With assumption of PH off (had a few ferns) and lack of sun it's not doing great but it's very green from afar and brings in deer at all times of the day. Ordered a new pop up blind and have that set at one end of plot with normal wind we're good to go. Brushed it in and it looks great. Checklist of things needed and will start to round them up tomorrow  As it looks now we'll hunt Saturday until 10:30 or so and Sunday til 11  or so  Have to get her to ballet early afternoon.  How's that for different ends of the spectrum? Maybe an evening hunt thrown in  on one of those days too. Monday we have all day if needed. Hoping she gets one on the ground this year and punches her first ever tag. Then we have to get her a spring turkey . Good luck in advance to anyone taking out a youth this Columbus day weekend. Many memories will be built for us and hope for some others too regardless of outcome.

• Like 8

Last cam check before weekend. No big bucks but activity at all times of day. Some of these deer are literally right outside the door of blind. Think I might hit this location for fall turkey too. What little growth on plot is covered in leaves now. 4d38dd633ad20db159954f242b4e1ec5.jpga9345e1b8bea9b9b2daef2ab3e9510bf.jpgef77d95fbd66d4ff56d004cb78167f8c.jpg85b50f2a1127230660717190b4f499cd.jpgfd276b0b9ad63e74e316350b0bf463a0.jpgf4cac36effbe37b128aaf47adc3501b3.jpg1f0536450b895287cc5b5c31354ca4c7.jpg
Talk about a good wind. Blue dot is blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What exactly IS the youth hunt all about ? I haven't been a youth in awhile and my son is only a toddler still. I guess my question is , is it a gun hunt ? I guess 14 is still bow age . I can't ever remember hearing a gun shot during the youth weekend.