Warm Temps slowing down deer movements ?

JR60

1 minute ago, growalot said:

They are on the cams at day and  night...though not the buck. I have the new frig ,but would not want to have to leave a deer if a bad shot occurred. Friday it looking great as well as Thursday afternoon

Growie,i need access to a fridge,yours is still empty,right? 

Plus i could stock up on wine if i am in the area...

Spoken for by son ...and daughter quit her job so now shes back in the woods and getting domestic again started canning. I'm trying to get her to can up some venison with that Pressure cooker I bought her..:wink: ...will be down this week to visit friends...I have plans to fill it up myself ...The doe and twins are right back on their regular scheduled...may go out tonight..if wind stays good...Dr. appt. , blood work tomorrow morning...take River for a few hours and then out to the stands.

• Like 1

Normally I would say these temps would be detrimental to movement, however I'm seeing a lot (in my car) of deer 2 hours before dusk.  With the last two mild winters im thinking they are getting somewhat acclimated to warmer temps.  Bottom-line be out there when you can.  They still have to drink, the tracks leading to my pond are ungodly. Processing is an entirely different concern. 

And don't forget the moon. Right now and for that last few days it was the First Quarter...just before the full moon...the Harvest Moon in October. Coupled with the high temps...most of my cams showed early morning and night movement. Things should pop next week with the full moon.  Not the real rut...but we should see a spike in buck/doe movement. If we have a cold morning...in the next week, should be hot and maybe catch a big one on their feet in morning.

• Like 1

Years ago I went bow hunting with minimal cloths it was near 80 that afternoon hunt, I didn't expect to see much of anything but as luck would have it I had a large body 7pt stroll down the deer run less than 10 yrds in front of me. The fun part was watching him go down in view, the pain was getting him out skinned and quartered on a Monday night.

This weekend is looking to be very warm. Not what I wanted to see but I have the weekend off from work so I'll be out there. Will most likely be hunting the creek bottom stand where there's a small hidden pond for them to drink from. At least it should be cooler down there in the shade.

• Like 1