Low Talley Rings on a 336

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Rattler said:

I like less scope on a lever and then low rings work fine.  A 2-7x33mm would've been my choice.  My Marlin 336 .35 Rem has a straight 2x Leupold with the simple 20mm objective and I have never needed more power when hunting with it.

I love you, Man....<<grin>>...

I can never remember a hunting situation when  I needed more power, but I can recall several times when LESS magnification and a wider FOV would have been an advantage...

AND, I have only used a 3x9  variable on a few hunts....My BIG scopes are 2 x7 variables...Much of my hunting over the last 50 years has been with fixed 1.5x, 2.5 x, 4x and 6 X scopes, with a fair amount of hunting with 2x7 variables, which are set of 4x or lower most of the time..  These are all long range bolt action rifles also...I'd slash my wrists before I'd mount a 3x9x 40 variable on a lever action woods rifle...No offense to anyone, because I will readily admit to being an opinionated old fart...

• Like 2