Need your opinions

Swamp_bucks

Ok looking at new hunting spot.  Theres 2 ridges that kinda of come to a point.(ridges are steep) one side has a road then more stateland. The other side of ridges lead to wide open pine stateland. Creek bed runs down middle of one that leads to a swamp then to an orchard. The other end leads towards back of cornfield. Creek bed is roughly 300-500yards long. So do u think they will bed in ridges or follow creek to swamp?  Just bouncing ideas so i no where to start scouting.  This info is off my huntstand app and a quick drive by of the chunk.  This looks promising atleast for bow season.

My guess is that the deer bed in or near the swamp, meander up the creek bed and stage near the ridge before entering the corn this time of year. November look for bucks to cruise midway to 3/4 up the slope where they can scent check the creek bottom. Those would be my guesses, but no substitute for boots on the ground.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Its early. You might want to get in there and find a spot you can observe from even if it isn't the most likely place to harvest. That way you can see first hand what is going on. I would probably try that before still hunting through it all. That's just my opinion...others my vary

I would expect deer to be in both the hills and in the swamp. Big bucks live where people don't go and people tend to avoid water so I would bet the better bedding is in the swamp. I would scout/observe the transition of the swamp based on the wind. Try to figure out how they enter and exit. Stay on the down wind side.

Scout your way down the transition of woods/swamp and set up to watch/hunt what comes out. The next hunt you can scout further down and set up on the next hot sign and so on.

As the hills get more pressure the swamp should get even better.

• Like 1