Lawdwaz&grampy; can you help drag?

Dinsdale

Brief chance at internet, more to follow next week.

Zimbabwe is not only hot (near 100*); the hunting is smoking too!

Working hard and crew is top notch. Gun and ammo have been perfect.

Best hunt ever? Might be, also dropped warthog this morning and several days left to go. Baiting Hyena and off to check for action.....IMG_0156.thumb.JPG.8e557ec73c306d921d0eb773a3986a3f.JPGIMG_0037.thumb.JPG.9ea207aac02ca1ef72cf6fd4fb42cf8e.JPGIMG_0264.thumb.JPG.c718e79c4be3fef4a5059854d4a50448.JPG

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I'm always up for a drag my friend! Call me anytime!  Congratulations!!!  Seems the hunt is everything you wanted it to be, and more!  That old 'dugga boy' looks huge!  And the jumbo will fill many empty bellies. Bet wooly would do a beautiful job on the hyena or warthog scull!  Great to hear equipment and hunter are holding up nicely too.  Keep yourself safe buddy, and good luck for the remainder of the hunt!  Check back in with us when ya can.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, brownclown said:

im trying not to be judging by why a juvenile elephant? i was under the impression that there numbers were low "endangered". But i really know nothing on actual populations and regional differences. 

It is not a juvenile elephant. It is called a tuskless hunt.  Look it up and learn more about how hunts like this benefit the local areas and the herd itself. Not to mention the tuskless cause so much more damage to local crops.  Conservation through hunting is not a new concept.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

It is not a juvenile elephant. It is called a tuskless hunt.  Look it up and learn more about how hunts like this benefit the local areas and the herd itself. Not to mention the tuskless cause so much more damage to local crops.  Conservation through hunting is not a new concept.

thanks for pointing out what to research. again it wasn't meant to be judging. i was asking from an ignorant point of view, under the belief numbers were low and under constant threat from poachers. i really have no knowledge of them other then the National Geographic stuff on their intelligence and morning dead type stuff.

• Like 1

Eh. Tusked or not at all. I could never shoot a tuskless and then hang it on the wall and try and pass it off as having these mondo tusks. Either way, sounds like the trip is going well and I really want to know what the second picture is. Seems it didn't get uploaded properly. Either that or my tapatalk isn't working properly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Eh. Tusked or not at all. I could never shoot a tuskless and then hang it on the wall and try and pass it off as having these mondo tusks. Either way, sounds like the trip is going well and I really want to know what the second picture is. Seems it didn't get uploaded properly. Either that or my tapatalk isn't working properly

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I only see three photos - probably a tapatalk issue

• Like 1

I posted the tuskless here to prove a point how hypocritical hunters are and I know I will be "attacked" for it.

Why is it OK to shoot a doe deer, but not provide a starving population a months worth of protein AND the financial benefits to have jobs in an area that could be rife with poaching, but is not because I'm hunting here.

Hunters will eat their own faster than a lion. LOL

I'm not pretending a thing, thats a mature animal about 20-24 years old by tooth aging for the area.....

Enjoy the deer season

• Like 7

havent ever been interested in an african hunt cause you cant bring any of the meat back.  Would love to be able for my friends and family to try the wildebeast or water buffalo I shot, esp after paying all that money and travel etc.  I am a person that isnt interested in hunting if there is no meat for the task - never was interested in predator hunting for that reason. (yes I know its population control, but still not interested in it enough to go spec for that) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinsdale said:

I posted the tuskless here to prove a point how hypocritical hunters are and I know I will be "attacked" for it.

Why is it OK to shoot a doe deer, but not provide a starving population a months worth of protein AND the financial benefits to have jobs in an area that could be rife with poaching, but is not because I'm hunting here.

Hunters will eat their own faster than a lion. LOL

I'm not pretending a thing, thats a mature animal about 20-24 years old by tooth aging for the area.....

Enjoy the deer season

Dinsdale, congrats !! What a hunt. Thank you for also posting the pictures!

You make great points in your post. There are many people who are quick to judge and in fact know next to nothing about the animals your are hunting down there.  Many misconceptions, especially involving elephants (and most other African game).  Even more misconceptions about what these hunts pump into the villages down there (money and food).   Amazed (actually not at all) that there are negative comments from your post.

I'm sure there will be pics of yearling deer that get posted in the harvest thread that will receive praise, yet people are assuming you killed a juvenille elephant and knocking you for it. 

I'd just recommend people do a little research into African game animals, populations numbers etc before making assumptions. Or better yet, just ask Dinsdale!

Anyways, Congrats again!!

• Like 1