Hunting Bill Passed but Cuomo hasn't signed it yet

dbHunterNY

FYI - There's legislation in NY A556 https://www.nysenate.gov/…/bil…/2017/a556/amendment/original that has passed increases the minimum fines, increases them even more for repeat offenders, and effectively takes away license for 5 years in 48 states.

.....BUT Governor Andrew Cuomo has yet to sign it. If he doesn't by the end of this year it dies and does not become law. I know it's hunting season but spread the word! Even better let him know.
https://www.governor.ny.gov/content/governor-contact-form

• Like 2

Our penalities for game laws  are a joke and that’s made even worse by being tried in the local courts. If you can throw ethics and morals aside a guy could be a limitless access trophy chaser for less than being a legal hunter 

• 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Theblackredneck
      Yesterday was my 1st time Going out Deer Hunting EVER. Found some really good bedding probably bout 10 yards in. found a tree 20 yards from the bedding just in front of a trail that resembled ones I seen researching online. Set up 20ft in the tree. Sprayed the doe piss 2x 45 min later, here comes the biggest antlered dear 6pt thst I have personally seen. He taking his slow time but I’m nervous. Texting my buddy asking him what should I do nervous as FUCK. No soon as I stand ( he doesn’t get me cause I’m soaked in doe piss ) here comes the bikers playing music Party done. Needles to say this HUNTING SHIT IS DEF FOR ME. 

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Here's a New York turkey hunt that should get your blood flowing! Hope ya'll enjoy my newest episode! If you like what you see, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel! Cross Over the River Outdoors! #ItsHuntingTimeOlBuck #Ozonics #DeadRinger #Tactacam #NewYorkTurkeyHunt #huntingvideo

• By CapDistPatriot
      I couldn't even watch the video. Just pisses me off that A.) Some "people" do think this is acceptable behavior, and B.) The humane society feels the need to smear all who partake in our great sport by releasing the video. I mean, they didn't just get this from a leak, they actually took the time to file a FOIA request.
      I have some sympathy for someone who poaches a deer here and there because he cannot afford food from the grocery store (out where I grew up it was quite common) and needs to feed his family, but these @$$holes are just killing for sport. Complete disrespect for the lives of the creatures God created for us.

https://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Video-of-Alaska-father-and-son-illegally-killing-bear-shrieking-cubs-made-public-507736061.html
    • By dbHunterNY
      All,
      Legislation S387 is a poaching bill that is almost passed but needs help! It increases poaching fines here in NYS for those bold enough to shoot a deer out of season or "jacking" them at night with a light, especially so for repeat offenders.  the bill even includes provisions for temporary loss of hunting privileges.  It has already passed in the Assembly.  It has made it through committee unopposed and has been read for the last time in the Senate.  All that needs to happen is for it to be scheduled for a vote on the Senate floor.  Last year it was in the same situation but later in session. Not enough people expressed how important it was to them.  It sat on a polished desk and never got scheduled and thus passed.  There are only so many legislative sessions left to do so.  Contact your Senator to let them know you want this to come to a floor vote and pass.  More importantly contact Senator Flanagan's office as his office does the scheduling.  If you live between Melville and Port Jefferson on Long Island then let him know your a voter and it's important it passes.

Senator Flanagan's offices
      Albany Office: 518-455-2071
      LI Office:  260 Middle Country Road, Suite 102
                      Smithtown , NY 11787
                      631-361-2154
    • By dbHunterNY
      Bills out right now to amend current environmental conservation law, increasing fines for shooting deer out of season or basically jacking them at night.  NYS assembly A556 and NYS senate S387.  the bills were reintroduced from last session where it almost made it to the senate floor to complete pass, but simply ran out of time.  It already passed in the assembly (again) but seems to be stalling in the senate (again).  to date counting all sessions it's only gotten a single no vote.  it's in the senate environmental committee now.  
      O'Mara is the chair to get it out of committee.  Feel free to call his office to show your support 518-455-2091 (albany office) and 607-735-9671 (local office).  Lets get this passed before hunting season.  Screw a poacher by telling friends.