Dog shot in Webster? Need Support!

Five Seasons

Some of you may belong to the closed Webster facebook group. It's easy enough to join if you don't. There is a story that popped up last night that has quite a bit of traffic regarding a supposed dog shot by a hunter. There is a good bit of support from hunters and others calling bs. There is also your typical "scum, get your food from the store, hope someone kills him etc".

There has been no real details posted and a lot of good statements about how the wound could not possibly be from a broadhead and that the part of the park she's claiming doesn't allow hunting. But if you'd like to join in to help squash the nonsense. please do :)

001.thumb.PNG.ce722c99fb0c1fb7dcda8770803fb2aa.PNG

Some of you may belong to the closed Webster facebook group. It's easy enough to join if you don't. There is a story that popped up last night that has quite a bit of traffic regarding a supposed dog shot by a hunter. There is a good bit of support from hunters and others calling bs. There is also your typical "scum, get your food from the store, hope someone kills him etc".
There has been no real details posted and a lot of good statements about how the wound could not possibly be from a broadhead and that the part of the park she's claiming doesn't allow hunting. But if you'd like to join in to help squash the nonsense. please do
001.thumb.PNG.ce722c99fb0c1fb7dcda8770803fb2aa.PNG

Seems a bit unlikely no cutting of the muscle and only skin from a broadhead. Looks to me more like this poor pooch got caught up in some barbed wire. Also the poster should learn how to properly spell prior to posting rubbish

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Seems a bit unlikely no cutting of the muscle and only skin from a broadhead. Looks to me more like this poor pooch got caught up in some barbed wire. Also the poster should learn how to properly spell prior to posting rubbish

expect nothing less when dealing with idiots. barb wire is my theory as well. it's either anti-hunter or someone who didn't like seeing a hunter in the park where they walk... but also would lose their shit if they hit a deer with their car.

• Like 4

My question is why she would make the statement the dog was shot right in front of her?  One of two things, she is either an outright liar or it happened like she said. One thing for sure something sharp sliced that dog's hide and I do not think it was barbed wire.

Edited by airedale

I assume that the vet trimmed away some skin there because that doesn't look even a little bit like an arrow wound or a gunshot wound. The muscle tissue is not cut or mangled in anyway. But, who knows. I am not a vet so maybe something with bird-shot might look a lot different than I imagine.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I assume that the vet trimmed away some skin there because that doesn't look even a little bit like an arrow wound or a gunshot wound. The muscle tissue is not cut or mangled in anyway. But, who knows. I am not a vet so maybe something with bird-shot might look a lot different than I imagine.

The wound wraps around the leg without cutting the muscle ,we all know that wound is not possible with a broadhead moving in a straight line.

• Like 5

I actually live in webster and I didnt hear anything about this. I don't even believe that hunting is allowed in webster except maybe for the town hunt where you have to prove youre a capable archer and can only shoot in one direction from pre-set stands and only if you own property in webster proper. Hell Idk if they still even do that hunt anymore. I guess it's hard to just immediately say it's BS. Webster isn't exactly north greece when it comes to hunter/civilian relations but its hard to imagine living that close to water and woods that you would be so anti-hunting to the point of making up something completely random like that. I would say that there could be a chance of a POACHER trying not to get caught who maybe threw something or i guess potentially shot at the dog to try to keep people away from them. If he shot a broadhead at that dog then he apparently just grazed it, either an amazing or awful shot. Either way, call it anti-hunter but if there was someone in webster park shooting a bow they arent hunting, theyre poaching.

29 minutes ago, bartman9 said:

Why wouldn't she call the police?  Perhaps because she could be charged with filing a false police report.  

That’s the key point right there. If this really happened, why didn’t she call police?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bartman9 said:

Why wouldn't she call the police?  Perhaps because she could be charged with filing a false police report.  

Where does it say that she didn't call the police? 

I find it odd that so many "hunters" are immediately calling BS and taking sides without knowing a thing about the situation. We all get the little magazine every year when we get our licenses and see the pictures of poached animals that the DEC was able to recover. We've read the incident reports, there was a story the other day about a hunter shooting his buddy because "i thought it was a deer.". There ARE poachers, there ARE bad hunters who take bad shots. Who knows if this happened or how exactly it went down but to immediately take sides and write it off as fake is kind of pathetic. If there's a guy taking pop shots at dogs in my neighborhood I don't want him there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

That’s the key point right there. If this really happened, why didn’t she call police?

the friend of a friend that knows the person and who posted it (not the person who  owns the dog) says she thinks there's a report. so yeah... it's one of those. I honestly know this would be all over the news if it was true. news 10 would eat this up.

20 minutes ago, Belo said:

the friend of a friend that knows the person and who posted it (not the person who  owns the dog) says she thinks there's a report. so yeah... it's one of those. I honestly know this would be all over the news if it was true. news 10 would eat this up.

ding ding ding. Exactly. It's not on the news, and that dog has the most unusual shot from a bow that anybody in the world has ever seen.

If this shows up on WHEC then somebody please quote me with a dunce picture to my post, but until then I think this is a whole load of BS.

I find it odd that so many "hunters" are immediately calling BS and taking sides without knowing a thing about the situation.

All we know is what is posted along with the picture and it just looks like nonsense. Some reasons:

1) A hunter in a park deliberately shooting a dog in front of its owner = highly unlikely
2) Dubious story is not matched with any official information provided (e.g. news)

It might have happened. But I bet it didn't.

Google "webster ny hunter shoots dog" and the second hit is this thread, first hit is from two weeks ago.

Edited by Core

Live in Webster did the town bow hunt years ago ( I got the first kill !) 

Hunt still goes on in a few locations in Webster  on town land. It would be easy to say “Webster park” which is a county park in Webster , when you mean the other town park land. I would doubt a guy in the program would do this , we’re screened and it would be a big risk .

Just because the the hunt doesn’t take place in Webster park, doesn’t mean poachers aren’t in there either .

Ill text some cops friends .

texts out to two cops , one who patrols county parks on horse and a dec cop as well. 

On closer look that floor looks like our vets floor on 250 in Webster , not sure if they would say anything ....

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

Live in Webster did the town bow hunt years ago ( I got the first kill !) 
Hunt still goes on in a few locations in Webster  on town land. It would be easy to say “Webster park” which is a county park in Webster , when you mean the other town park land. I would doubt a guy in the program would do this , we’re screened and it would be a big risk .
Just because the the hunt doesn’t take place in Webster park, doesn’t mean poachers aren’t in there either .
Ill text some cops friends .

Keep us informed

The hide (upper epidermis) on a dog's leg is what...1/16 of an inch? I've skinned a lot of animals. How can a wound that does not touch the muscle or bone, only tear the hide... be from a bullet, shot, or an arrow? This is not forensic rocket science people. The dog's leg shows no impact from a projectile. Just more fake info...whether it is on the TV or internet. Seems to be a growing group of people make up things for their own political, religious, or scientific beliefs. In the old days we called them bullshitters...but now, thanks to cyberspace...they get a wide audience.