Dog shot in Webster? Need Support!

Five Seasons

43 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Any hunter that looks at the injury and thinks it could be done with an arrow is not a hunter who ever shot a bow . 

I have to disagree, I have shot a few arrows in my day and while that wound as pictured makes one wonder how it possibly could have be caused by an arrow I would not be so quick to say it was absolutely not caused by an arrow.  There is way to many unknowns in this story for me personally to draw that conclusion. We should let the investigation play out and hopefully see what the truth is. 

Al

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, knehrke said:

Heck, half the time I have trouble finding my own arrow in the woods, shooting from a stand after it's passed through a deer and is full of blood :rofl:.

I'd be shocked if she had the presence of mind to look for the arrow.

Ya,that's a good point. I have a different image of a park in my head I think. 

OK I read all these replays..Thanks to the ones with quotes for I have a block on OP. My only comment/ question...I don't watch the news so.... ..HELLO!!! This should have been all over the news with the list of contacts she posted...was it?

Edited by growalot

Yep, there IS an investigation going on. one of my hunting buddies in Webster was hunting that night, in THAT park. Yesterday he received a visit and interview from 2 DEC officers.  He saw their photo of a treestand near where dog was shot, and clarified that was not his treestand.  He also showed them his bow, and broadheads.  Maybe dog was grazed by a field point, not a broadhead, shot by a goof-off.

• Like 2

So to be clear oliveript , it was Webster Park ? Is Webster park now in the Town hunt ? Or was it in Town green space that is used in the town hunt , this includes Gosnell Big Field , Whitting rd and Finn Park a park owned by the town but not  " Webster Park " a much larger county owned park in Webster .

When I was in the town hunt , Webster Park was  never in the program .

Ps The DEC officer I texted must have a new cell number....

The other cops  are " checking " which basically means they're texting other cops ..... Since they don't work for Webster .

Thatguy ,you can hunt in Webster just like any other place. 150 from a house bow , 500 for gun , on land you have permission . I've killed many by bow and gun on Hard Rd, Lake RD . Many do very well here .

Just got this text, just shows how not all cops / dec know what each is handling .

E6CF86A8-F6FE-42DD-9EB1-368A6544C548.png

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, growalot said:

no news reports either?.....

You would not believe some of the things that happen yet never make the " news". . Although this sort of thing is right up,their alley , they like to stir the pot generally on things like this .

• Like 1

I'm no vet, but I have had lots of dogs, hunting dogs.  Looking at the photo, it appears the wound looks more like a "hot spot" or moist dermatitis. Especially the lower discoloration, where they lick. A dog can worry a spot like that in a couple hours. Law enforcement or anyone trying to get to the bottom of the story should first show the photo to a veterinarian and get his/her professional opinion before knee-jerk second hand information...as the poster was "a friend" of the person who actually owns the dog. It certainly appears more like a hot spot than an arrow wound.

Edited by Buckstopshere

Personal knowledge,son in law, that's what I call him..mothers dog was shot last year. I wrote about it here...channel 10 and 13 was all over it...for more than one day. That was out here in the boonies so I'm thinking a Webster park incident they would have been all over...if it was a story they could confirm....interviews would have been done.

• Like 1

If you look close there is a knick in the muscle..but look at the shape... narrow to wider. Not as in a razor slice but more liken to tooth wounds I have witnessed..also that area is rounded on the leg. Catching skin and ripping could round that area..a broadhead would have to slice through the muscle to get that other side.....just saying....

Thanks, oliveript ! My buddy lost some great hunting when the town hunt started there, his land boarders it . The town hunters really messed things up , no thought to wind or where the deer bed and move .

The dog was treated at a Vet. according to the FB post , even gave the vets name .

If I were a betting man I'd bet, True !

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

Yes, stay at home Nomad, when the town issues around 70 permits, and less than 20 does are taken over almost 3 months, they are simply pushing deer to safer zones.  Also, regarding the dog, I'm guessing maybe if this is truly an arrow wound, maybe it was a field point fired from somebody who just bought their weapon down the street at the local sporting goods store, and, of course, is an idiot, at best.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oliveript said:

Yes, stay at home Nomad, when the town issues around 70 permits, and less than 20 does are taken over almost 3 months, they are simply pushing deer to safer zones.  Also, regarding the dog, I'm guessing maybe if this is truly an arrow wound, maybe it was a field point fired from somebody who just bought their weapon down the street at the local sporting goods store, and, of course, is an idiot, at best.

Even a field point would have left some impact on the muscle tissue. There is no evidence of that. And just because it was on FB does not mean it is true...like...look at the way things were skewed during the recent presidential elections. Just because someone said that a vet looked at the dog, does not mean that the vet validated that the wound was caused by a projectile. I would have to hear it from the vet. Not because somebody posted what somebody else allegedly said on Fb. Everything on Fb needs to be taken with a very large chunk of salt.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Buckstopshere said:

Even a field point would have left some impact on the muscle tissue. There is no evidence of that. And just because it was on FB does not mean it is true...like...look at the way things were skewed during the recent presidential elections. Just because someone said that a vet looked at the dog, does not mean that the vet validated that the wound was caused by a projectile. I would have to hear it from the vet. Not because somebody posted what somebody else allegedly said on Fb. Everything on Fb needs to be taken with a very large chunk of salt.

I really don't know what to think. Just giving the accuser a tiny benefit of the doubt, if you will, since she did come out in support of hunters on her last FB post.  Looking at the photo, I agree it is very doubtful that an arrow produced the wound.  The DEC did show up at my hunting buddy's house the day after the incident, because he was registered, and did hunt that same park during the very hours the woman says her dog was shot. Fortunately, my friend was able to convey to the officers that he was not in that part of the park.(DEC photos of treestand and area where arrow supposedly released, neither of which are associated with my friend's hunt). 

On 10/7/2017 at 8:22 AM, oliveript said:

Yep, there IS an investigation going on. one of my hunting buddies in Webster was hunting that night, in THAT park. Yesterday he received a visit and interview from 2 DEC officers.  He saw their photo of a treestand near where dog was shot, and clarified that was not his treestand.  He also showed them his bow, and broadheads.  Maybe dog was grazed by a field point, not a broadhead, shot by a goof-off.

4 posts...

19 minutes ago, Belo said:

the webster police post all their crimes and investigations and this never made the list... i'm happy that she may have followed up the way that she did but it still doesn't smell right.

Belo , ive never seen where  the post ALL crimes , and I'm pretty sure they would not post all ongoing investigations .

Anyways I've got a couple emails sent out today to pin this down .

• Like 1