Dog shot in Webster? Need Support!

Five Seasons

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Belo , ive never seen where  the post ALL crimes , and I'm pretty sure they would not post all ongoing investigations .

Anyways I've got a couple emails sent out today to pin this down .

i can't access the site at work, but their facebook page has a daily blog regarding calls and incidents. check it out, you're probably right but they seem to post basic stuff like "call came in regarding theft at target". no real details or charges. Seems this one would easily fit the bill. 

I'll take a look , but I know that they respond to over 30,000 calls per year and the few i see on line or the Webster Hereld each week dont add up those numbers .

No response from the town officels , one of whom I know . Trying a third shortly .

And Happy Birthday !

I am 100 % certin that this took place at the Whitting rd spot pretty much as was posted on FB .

The problem with sources that know the facts , sometimes they ask that you say nothing for awhile , and  I have to honor that  at this point .

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I am 100 % certin that this took place at the Whitting rd spot pretty much as was posted on FB .

The problem with sources that know the facts , sometimes they ask that you say nothing for awhile , and  I have to honor that  at this point .

true,, and at the end of the investigation the truth will come out.

Well they can't jeopardize catching a bad guy courtesy of leaked facts. That would be sloppy detective work

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

as far as saying it couldn't have been done by a broadhead without cutting flesh, I have to disagree...how many have grazed deer and only cut hair? simply a matter of a few millimeters either way and this is totally possible.......heck, I've cut myself and never made it down to the muscle past the skin.

As I said, my friend, who, along with me, is part of the town hunt here in Webster, received a visit from DEC officers the day after this incident was reported. Fortunately, he was able to show them that his treestand is not near where the dog was supposedly shot.  Also, they looked at his broadheads and bow that afternoon, at his home.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2017 at 8:08 PM, Buckstopshere said:

Even a field point would have left some impact on the muscle tissue. There is no evidence of that. And just because it was on FB does not mean it is true...like...look at the way things were skewed during the recent presidential elections. Just because someone said that a vet looked at the dog, does not mean that the vet validated that the wound was caused by a projectile. I would have to hear it from the vet. Not because somebody posted what somebody else allegedly said on Fb. Everything on Fb needs to be taken with a very large chunk of salt.

True and if you look at my posts I pulled it right off the owners facebook page. Not saying she didn't make it up or know what actually happen but you can see what she is claiming.

14 hours ago, jjb4900 said:

as far as saying it couldn't have been done by a broadhead without cutting flesh, I have to disagree...how many have grazed deer and only cut hair? simply a matter of a few millimeters either way and this is totally possible.......heck, I've cut myself and never made it down to the muscle past the skin.

But I can't see how just the skin can be cut 180 degrees around a leg from a broadhead traveling in a straight line without cutting muscle. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

I saw a Yellow Lab with a arrow through it this morning on FB. What do these idiots think, that they own the deer? A whole different set of rules apply when you hunt in a residential area. Do you shoot kids playing in the woods? One day someone is going to shoot the right dog and either they or their family is going to pay the ultimate price for their stupidity 

20 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

But I can't see how just the skin can be cut 180 degrees around a leg from a broadhead traveling in a straight line without cuttin muscle. 

I  Believe that pic is in the vets office , perhaps she trimmed it . Also I just heard from a second source confirming the investigation . From what I've learned they're sure looking at this as the dogs owner said it happened . 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

But I can't see how just the skin can be cut 180 degrees around a leg from a broadhead traveling in a straight line without cutting muscle. 

I would expect to see more damage as well, the odds of a cut that big not cutting deeper are slim...but I would also expect more damage if it was torn open by barbed wire or an attack by another dog or whatever else may have caused it.....I’m no expert, but I think skin is usually tight, so it tends to open up more once it’s sliced.

Edited by jjb4900

2 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I  Believe that pic is in the vets office , perhaps she trimmed it . Also I just heard from a second source confirming the investigation . From what I've learned they're sure looking at this as the dogs owner said it happened . 

10-4, I have no idea what happened, was just reacting to the picture shown. 

26 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

But I can't see how just the skin can be cut 180 degrees around a leg from a broadhead traveling in a straight line without cuttin muscle. 

That's exactly it I would bet that dog got tangled up in something or I hate to say it the women did it herself and wanted to blame a hunter. I can't imagine someone doing that to their own dog to try and fry someone or try to push hunters out of a town controlled area but the Anti's go to some extreme measures.

8 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

That makes sense based on the cut. Makes me wonder then how big of a cut it was to begin with or if it was even an arrow that did the damage. My dog got tangled in a hook while fishing it caught him in his lip as he tried to bite the perch, their first instinct is to pull away. Not saying the dog wasn't shot at but seems a little extreme to throw out accusations if she truly didn't witness the act.

Edited by chas0218

This thread is several days old now and still no evidence of anything or anything official, right? Are we now 100% confident saying this is a hoax as most of us presumed immediately? Is there anything tangible beyond the initial, strange FB post?

I still assert this would be in the news, similar to the story about the dog that we actually do know was hit with an arrow recently.

Edited by Core

2 hours ago, Core said:

This thread is several days old now and still no evidence of anything or anything official, right? Are we now 100% confident saying this is a hoax as most of us presumed immediately? Is there anything tangible beyond the initial, strange FB post?

I still assert this would be in the news, similar to the story about the dog that we actually do know was hit with an arrow recently.

I have emails from the Chief of police as well as a town official who,has some roll in the running of the town hunt . They each believe this happened . Finding an unknown hunter who may not even be one registered in the town hunt may not be easy . There may never be an arrest, but wait a year and see if the hunt changes ......

No,I won't  post their emails as I never asked if I could , but feel,free to,Google their emails and ask yourself , that's what I did , it's not hard .

The investigation is being conducted by the DEC.at this time .

You can also ask the tv stations why they won't cover it , my guess would be , perhaps the dog owner doesn't want to go,on tv , there has been no arrests and the DEC is saying "no comment ". So,what would the report a FB post ?

• Like 1

I can confirm Larry's comments that authorities are investigating this as an injury caused by a bow.  As usual, authorities will not discuss specifics of the investigation beyond what Nomad said.   No idea why it's not on news but frankly glad it's not.  I hope the investigation results in solid evidence for an arrest. 

2 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I have emails from the Chief of police as well as a town official who,has some roll in the running of the town hunt . They each believe this happened . Finding an unknown hunter who may not even be one registered in the town hunt may not be easy . There may never be an arrest, but wait a year and see if the hunt changes ......

No,I won't  post their emails as I never asked if I could , but feel,free to,Google their emails and ask yourself , that's what I did , it's not hard .

The investigation is being conducted by the DEC.at this time .

You can also ask the tv stations why they won't cover it , my guess would be , perhaps the dog owner doesn't want to go,on tv , there has been no arrests and the DEC is saying "no comment ". So,what would the report a FB post ?

Interesting. I will wait for more deets!

Sorry I was out of pocket. The story goes that the hunter was field dressing when the dog off a leash approached him.

anyhow I think it’s important to note as well that an investigation doesn’t mean anything happened either. There was a lot of buzz on this so they “looked into it” which would include talking to hunters and others. The fact that they didn’t find anything doesn’t mean it didn’t happen either, but again. No news story and no follow up from the person making the claim. All the vet info and injury details would have been easy to verify and the news would be running with a story about a hunter on the loose who shot a dog and call this number blah, blah.

in summary? Fake.

• Like 1

Just another fake story on Facebook. But it didn't do our image any good! Think of all the hundreds of people who saw it and never will bother or care to find out if it was fake or not...another brick in the wall of building a bad image of deer hunters...archers in particular.  The news media did not pick it up because it did not pass the smell test...even for them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2017 at 7:51 AM, Belo said:

Sorry I was out of pocket. The story goes that the hunter was field dressing when the dog off a leash approached him.

anyhow I think it’s important to note as well that an investigation doesn’t mean anything happened either. There was a lot of buzz on this so they “looked into it” which would include talking to hunters and others. The fact that they didn’t find anything doesn’t mean it didn’t happen either, but again. No news story and no follow up from the person making the claim. All the vet info and injury details would have been easy to verify and the news would be running with a story about a hunter on the loose who shot a dog and call this number blah, blah.

in summary? Fake.

Agreed. Weeks later this story now looks to be exactly what most of us thought it was from the beginning: bulls@*#. Like you said, it's possible it's not. But it's also possible I'll win the lottery. Both scenarios unlikely in the extreme, so safest conclusion here is what it appears to be on its face. The whole thing stunk from the get-go.

"The hunter shot him on purpose right in front of her." A despicable lie, clearly.

Edited by Core