Stoeger M3000 semi auto 12ga

Looking at the Stoeger (Benelli) for my first semi 12ga. FS has the satin Walnut finish on sale for $549. With coupons I can get it for under $475. Read 3 good reviews. Anyone have any experience with this semi?

Thanks,

DT

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

ee0d016b9b90639a4b5fb4f77c8d30f9.jpg

I have one of the turkey hunting models with a 24" barrel in full camo. The only bad thing about the gun is the terrible trigger pull from the factory. It is a very high pound trigger pull. When I first shot mine, I kept thinking the safety was still on when I tried to fire it. This will cause you to jerk the gun. I brought the gun to a professional gunsmith and had a trigger job done on the gun, and after that it was fine. I like everything else about the gun, and after the trigger job, have had no problems with the gun.

valoroutdoors.com

• Like 1

I own a 3500, yes the trigger is a little stiff, mine worked itself out after a couple hundred rounds, like 500. But it has never jammed, not even after staggering 2 3\4 and 3 1\2 in the same mag dump. For a beat around gun I like it, for a more serious turkey \ goose, duck gun look at the new Franchi, also Benelli made for a couple more dollars. I just bought an Intensity, no longer produced, just Affinity"s now, and it is lighter and has a much better trigger for $729.

Sent from my 9006W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well I got an email today from F & S advertising the A300 Outlander  for $699. Oh my! Decisions.... decisions....
Main-Banner-A300-Outlander-Camo-Max52.jpg.d2255be871129f16a6b42764e3086a88.jpg 

My A300 is not camo, but in black off of gunbroker for $450. For $700 get the franchi/Benelli

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

My A300 is not camo, but in black off of gunbroker for $450. For $700 get the franchi/Benelli

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

I would rather get it in black synthetic. Hopefully they have it or I can order it in black. May be cheaper too.

Deerthug, what shotgun are you hunting with currently?  If I was upgrading to something better, I surely wouldn't be looking at a Stoeger.   Not to say it wouldn't get the job done, but I think I'd be looking at something a bit more expensive from a more well known maker.  Just because Benelli owns Stoeger doesn't mean you will be getting a Benelli.

• Like 1

Deerthug, what shotgun are you hunting with currently?  If I was upgrading to something better, I surely wouldn't be looking at a Stoeger.   Not to say it wouldn't get the job done, but I think I'd be looking at something a bit more expensive from a more well known maker.  Just because Benelli owns Stoeger doesn't mean you will be getting a Benelli.

I use a Mossberg pump which has done the job when hunting but looking to upgrade. Want to get into clays with my son too so I figured a semi would be easier to work with and my old bones. This is why I'm leaning toward the Barretta.

• 2 weeks later...

So on Thursday this past week I stopped in at FS and was planning on buying the A300 in wood for $649. When I get there I was told the sale was over and the price went back up to $800 and boy was I disappointed. I left empty handed thinking now I would have to wait until black Friday.

This morning I got an email circular and much to my delight the price dropped to $699 for camo and wood. Compared to the previous sale this was not too bad of a price.

So I went back to FS this afternoon with the intent on buying the wood. It was very nice. As I was holding it the salesman told me they also have it in black synthetic and it was $100 cheaper. I asked to see the synthetic. After handling both the wood and synthetic for several minutes I pulled the trigger so to speak on the synthetic. The wood was beautiful walnut satin finish, but I was afraid that with my luck the first time I took it afield I would end up scratching the wood. After $20 off coupon and a 10% off coupon I gave it a new home for under $550. And here it is....I plan on taking it turkey hunting next weekend and also trap with my son. Can't wait to put some shells through it.

c682cecf9069ebb7e63476df1d75fafc.jpg&key=b393bb09a4029ba899d85abc61bf11be94674bc6157ebff9c79f2d6194c451fa

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk