Back Tags

bigpaul

During bow season, I put it on my back pack and then during gun season I put it on my camo orange vest. I know a lot of people don't carry a pack.  It is a pain in the ass.  But at least if it is on my back pack or orange vest it never accidentally goes through the wash.

Yup on my pack never had one come off, knock on wood. when I wore it on my back I would take a safety pin and pin it through the hole as an added precaution. I have lost them wearing them on my back but never on my pack.

Also works great for turning in tresspassers.

Edited by chas0218

Like a lot of people have mentioned mine is on my backpack. Figure that is on my back anytime I am walking. Although the last weekend of rifle we always do deer drives and my pack always winds up in my truck since I am not carrying anything and I never remember to take it off my pack. So far that has never been a problem....

I wear a leafy suit so no issue sticking a pin through it. With that said, I am not a fan of back tags. There is no logical reason for them; enforcement is inconsistent throughout the state and we are the only ones in the country who have to have them. Utter nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn, that reminds me that I need to pick up one of them back tag holders.  I had been hunting the northern zone for a couple of weeks, so I did not worry about it.  I could not find one in the house last weekend, for my first southern zone hunt.  I ended up sticking my tag in an automobile insurance card holder, and hooking it to my jacket with a couple of safety pins.   It looks like they held, and should get me thru tomorrow's hunt anyhow.

The reason they require them in the Southern zone, but not the Northern, probably has to do with hunter density.  Tresspassing issues are a bigger problem in the Southern zone and that tag provides a means for others to record the number, much like license plates on cars.   Just knowing that they can be turned in by others for violations, probably causes folks to "play by the rules" a little better.  Up north, those "others" are so few and far between, that it is less of a factor.