Pulled my s/d cards and 95% of movement is st night

rob-c

Pretty big difference in movement patterns with this heat and the deer growing their winter coats. My daytime photos have dropped of a lot compared to 5-7 weeks ago. We have only hunted on the 1st so not from pressure. How about yours ? 

Edited by rob-c

Pretty big difference in movement patterns with this heat and the deer growing their winter coats. My daytime photos have dropped of a lot compared to 5-7 weeks ago. We have only hunted on the 1st so not from pressure. How about yours ? 

Edited by rob-c

90% of our cam pic's the last 10 to 14 days have shown night time movement only as well. I did hunt opening day. That morning, it was about 34 degrees, and I had 11 deer around me. Once we get some cooler temps and the pre rut starts to kick in, in two weeks like Lawdwaz said.  Daytime sightings and pic's will be picking up big time.  My own preference is to not hunt in the heat. Especially this early in October. 

Pretty soon somebody will come on saying how many deer they're seeing now.........maybe they have a great spot where they can see for a great distance in a hedge row or something.   That's fine.........

The thick foliage in the woods now knocks us woods hunters for a loop as ya can't see squat! The heat isn't helping us hunters now and the deer have food everywhere. 

The need to breed is coming and then along with the colder temps to keep us happy things will be heating up, so to speak!

• Like 4

I'm about 50/50 on yesterday's pull.  Their coats are changing/have changed and that's reflected in the movement.  Didn't see any bucks for a stretch until morning temps finally dipped down to 39 on 10/3.  

Of course today was 80 and muggy so...

I used to have early morning and late evening photos but lately all at night. This heat has got to go! A friend of mine on the neighboring property shot a nice 3.5 year old last week in the warm temps he had a pretty nice neck on him but there are a few bigger ones running around.