Busted hunting on Staten Island

steve863

6 minutes ago, steve863 said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/upstate-man-busted-staten-island-deer-hunt-article-1.3554915

Most of us from downstate go upstate to hunt.  This dude made the reverse trip!  Getting caught hunting in NYC will probably get him more time than if he murdered someone.

People get desperate for a "big buck" I guess. There are some absolute giants on Staten Island judging by the pics I have seen on instagram.

• Like 1

Did he actually think he'd be able to put a deer down, drag it out, and not be seen by anyone?  Staten Island may not be as populated as Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx, but it sure as hell isn't the Adirondacks neither!    I've always said that New Yorkers would sooner come to the aid of a dog, cat or any animal before they would another human being.   Knowing that this guy wanted to kill a deer, they'll probably want to burn him at the stake!!!

12 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

If the picture shown really goes with the story, it was a crossbow as well. 

Yes, he was in possession of a crossbow.  I guess he could have tried to play stupid and said that it was bow season in the rest of NYS, but he didn't realize that NYC didn't have a season.  Since he was caught carrying a crossbow, I guess that excuse went right out the window for him.  LOL

Edited by steve863

5 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Yes, he was in possession of a crossbow.  I guess he could have tried to play stupid and said that it was bow season in the rest of NYS, but he didn't realize that NYC didn't have a season.  Since he was caught carrying a crossbow, I guess that excuse went right out the window for him.  LOL

In for a penny, in for a pound.  baiting, crossbow, in closed area. I am betting they wrote a few more than that too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Sure is some purty pink accents on that xbow.

Hope he wasn't wearing any matching camo when they took him to the "slammer".

I don't think it would matter if he or his crossbow had any pink on.  Either way he will definitely be someones boyfriend in the slammer.

• Like 1

From the article:

"In April, City Hall estimated that between 1,918 and 2,188 deer roam Staten Island — four times the number reported in 2008, officials said."

It's always interesting when "estimates" are given in such precise figures. I'm not commenting on the article per se, just the fact that it was likely only two people were asked about deer numbers. DEC? Residents? Vacationers or campers? There are somewhere between 1,988 and 2,188 worms in my lawn right now. I'm absolutely sure of that.

Anyway, if the guy's been doing something illegal I hope he pays for it to the full extent of the law. Maybe his wife will sell me his "hunting chair". Okay, the "hunting chair" thing is kind of cute.

• Like 2

Quote from article: Cody Pernice, 28, was spotted sitting on a hunting chair, attached to a tree in the woods off Connecticut St. and Clermont Ave. in Tottenville at about 6 p.m., cops said.

I gotta go get me one of those hunting chairs attached to a tree.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Man that is desperation for a buck.  I wonder if he ran into any of the warriors .... wait that was Coney Island.  Which gang was from staten island? 

Ha, just watched that movie again the other night instead of watching the Sabres .

Rogues ? Orphans ? Baseball Furies? The Lizzies ?

And I also want a tree hunting chair

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

In for a penny, in for a pound.  baiting, crossbow, in closed area. I am betting they wrote a few more than that too. 

All I can do after reading the article was laugh.  OMG   Pick up truck full of corn, lol.  So now everyone knows how he gets his deer.  Crossbow, another reason I just don't like this weapon.  It is a poachers dream. 

The cops must have had a great time with that one!  I can picture the conversation between the off duty officer and the base.  "The guy is doing what???  Did you say he is hunting?  OK I will send someone right down, lol." 

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

With all the slob bucks in Steuben he decides to go hunt Staten Island with a high risk of getting caught. Darwin award

Damn Hillbillies! All those upstate guys are what I call “Baitpile Bob’s”

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Damn Hillbillies! All those upstate guys are what I call “Baitpile Bob’s”

Geeze, Biz....I never heard of baitpiles until I started hanging out on this forum with all of you flatlanders...Hehehehe..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The poacher was from Steuben County!

Huh? Everything I found says this jack ass is from Norfolk, NY. You on the inside track of a news source you're not telling us about?

That's one hell of a drive to poach deer no matter how much you want a monster buck.

In March 2015, state Department of Environmental Conservation officers charged a Staten island man in what was believed to be the first illegal deer poaching case in the city’s history.

State authorities tracked the man for a year, using night vision goggles and thermal imaging equipment to make their case.

And with that, we have unequivocal proof that the police department there needs a cut in funding. Pathetic use of resources. If a guy is so hard to track who's poaching a deer-overpopulated island you need to go to those lengths, let it go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ....rob said:

Huh? Everything I found says this jack ass is from Norfolk, NY. You on the inside track of a news source you're not telling us about?

That's one hell of a drive to poach deer no matter how much you want a monster buck.

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Geeze, Biz....I never heard of baitpiles until I started hanging out on this forum with all of you flatlanders...Hehehehe..

I was just messing with Pygmy. I have no idea where Norfolk is

• Like 1

Yeah, I forget that some folks who live down by ( or on ) the turd sticking off NYS think all of us North and North-West hunters have no teeth, date our sisters, and don't like that we wear or hats the proper way. LOL!

This Pernice dude is a full blown POS! Seeing he's not a "local", he might just get the max penalties for his stupidity.