Busted hunting on Staten Island

steve863

My daughter and son in law lived in Norfolk for several years...That's  way north, between Potsdam and Massena..

I stopped into a little bar on the main street for a couple of brews....There were some REAL  rednecks in there !!

That tree toad may have been one of them...Hehehehehe..

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, growalot said:

Maybe he was just lost...hey ...Long Island, Rhode Island, Staten Island...being from up north I'm sure one Island looks like another to him....LOL maybe he thought he was in Jersey :wink:

Nah, there are greenbelts throughout staten island outside of that any person can easily see its a well populated boro with houses all over. This yahoo drove god knows how many hours and knew exactly what he was doing.  Jeez i can be in staten island in 15 minutes and i know exactly where there is a 150 class double drop tine, but i choose to drive 3 1/2 hrs to camp. To me what these morons do is not hunting, their just rack crazy. Beleive me hes not the first and wont be the last. There are some absolute slob bucks on S.I...

They don't know a tree stand from a hunting " chair" , or a bow from a cross bow , so who knows what the "crow bar " could have been . I'm surprised they knew what corn looked like , but perhaps they did some sort of chemical analysis .

Two , I would have no,idea where to,hunt deer there, I'm guessing he has friends / family there and or has hunted there before . Think he got caught the very first time ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

They don't know a tree stand from a hunting " chair" , or a bow from a cross bow , so who knows what the "crow bar " could have been . I'm surprised they knew what corn looked like , but perhaps they did some sort of chemical analysis .

Two , I would have no,idea where to,hunt deer there, I'm guessing he has friends / family there and or has hunted there before . Think he got caught the very first time ?

Agreed, I would definitely wager a bet to say  he had family or friend  on staten island and im sure that was not his first hunt there.

• Like 2

Normally the criminal possession of a weapon stems from possessing any "weapon" with intent to use that item against another.

Therefore, the weapon could be a screw driver, crossbow or crowbar if the intent was to use that item against a person for bodily harm. It doesn't have to be a "weapon" in the terminology we normally use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, growalot said:

Maybe he was just lost...hey ...Long Island, Rhode Island, Staten Island...being from up north I'm sure one Island looks like another to him....LOL maybe he thought he was in Jersey :wink:

Lol... Living 15 miles from his town, I resemb..i mean resent that remark..

;)

No salmon run...our Son barrowed my car, we had purchased from a friend. Never noticed a red wing souvenir mini bat under the driver seat. It had rolled out and was in partial view from the back window....Son in class school cop went around looking in car Windows in the parking lot. That SOB had him arrested and charged.. We never the thing was even in the car..they charged another girl for having a cake knife from a family picnic on the back seat floor..both had to plea to lesser charges to save their collage or military chances and do probation...

3 minutes ago, growalot said:

No salmon run...our Son barrowed my car, we had purchased from a friend. Never noticed a red wing souvenir mini bat under the driver seat. It had rolled out and was in partial view from the back window....Son in class school cop went around looking in car Windows in the parking lot. That SOB had him arrested and charged.. We never the thing was even in the car..they charged another girl for having a cake knife from a family picnic on the back seat floor..both had to plea to lesser charges to save their collage or military chances and do probation...

That makes zero sense. They charged your son for having a baseball bat in his car? What was the charge?

I was pulled over many time as a teenager and had baseball bat (for baseball) and lead pipe (for changing tires). I was never charged. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Salmon_Run said:

Normally the criminal possession of a weapon stems from possessing any "weapon" with intent to use that item against another.

Therefore, the weapon could be a screw driver, crossbow or crowbar if the intent was to use that item against a person for bodily harm. It doesn't have to be a "weapon" in the terminology we normally use.

Menacing 2nd?

37 minutes ago, growalot said:

that's because it's falls into the deadly weapon category, might be looked at like a billy club, and you can be arrested for merely possessing it.

Edited by jjb4900

You are right yet...they were given away to people at the Red Wing Games. The last owner was a district manager for a gas station chain..They gave her season tickets to sporting events...That's how it came to be in the car. The girl was an honors student and it really messed her up...The guy was areal AH.

Biz because it was a mini bat..it was considered a Billy club and a lethal weapon..The girl..it was a knife period and longer than so many inches..didn't matter it was rounded on the end and had no "edge"  to speak of.. a cake knife...concealed weapon on school grounds for each of them..

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Biz because it was a mini bat..it was considered a Billy club and a lethal weapon..The girl..it was a knife period and longer than so many inches..didn't matter it was rounded on the end and had no "edge"  to speak of.. a cake knife...concealed weapon on school grounds for each of them..

You son should have said he uses it for training for baseball. Still makes no sense to me, I’m sorry. 

13 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

I'm glad you mentioned this and I think you would be the one to ask. When trespassing with a weapon (gun, bow, pistol, or crossbow) is it criminal trespassing or not? I have heard contradicting arguments none from an LEO. I would like the record set straight, I thought that it was criminal if the intent was to take or damage personal property otherwise it is not considered criminal trespassing.

No if anything he got into trouble by cooperating with the school. They hauled him into the office and told him they wanted to search the car. Instead of calling us he had nothing to hide and handed over my car keys. Remember he's in his 30's now. This happened when all the school shootings were happening an d zero tolerance became a buzz word and armed cops started patrolling even country schools...I learned a lot the like unless you actually own a semi truck tire thumpers are weapons...Thank God the car was new to me for it could have had hunting knives in it. The girl..no relation and not a friend..They royally screwed her. On that whole CAKE  knife thing...The judge was sympathetic but the school lawyers pressed it. He was the one that brought up our options to minimize and flack for military or college admittance....BTW same cop that got caught by witness saying 2 years later he was going to get my son expelled one way or the other..Imagine the schools surprise when I went in on that one and with a witness in tow. He then was later fired for another incident with a student. I've discussed these things before. Schools and school broads hide behind...  we don't have to tell you how we reprimanded our employees and have no illusion about how much power they have with local district attorney's.

I'll tell you Mr B' s grandfather was a lawyer ,but also a State Supreme Court. Judge...he gave Mr B  a lot of "insight" over the years. I had enough dealing in my life through life,work,and acquaintances to know the difference between what people think and what happens behind closed doors ,as it were.

Edited by growalot

I had a buddy that was bow hunting after his classes in the afternoon (this was when we were in college) and the next morning was running behind. He always took his bow out of his truck the night before because he didn't want somone to break into his truck and steal his gear. Well that night he didn't went to school had it in the back seat uncovered (windows tinted) and the meter maid campus police saw one of fletches and called in the calvary. He came out after class to 7 cop cars state boys and campus police and all of truck doors wide open and all his stuff all over the parking lot. He walked up and asked what was going on what are they doing with his truck, immediately put in cuffs and in the back of the car. They wouldn't talk to him or anything, long story short he got off easy with probation at the college and no charges filed by the college. It could have been very bad for him, the worse was I didn't know the bow wasn't allowed on college campus and had walked with mine right through the main doors in the dorms. I didn't think anything of it, and it could have been very bad. 

• Like 1