You Webster boys

turkeyfeathers

Not a Webster guy.....But I say worth!
Pricey but in my opinion there stuff is unreal. Usually get the kielbasa, ham an cheddar, and last year had some Ruben sausage made. Also get the slim sticks with cheddar, the family goes through those like water.

TF I have a pack of Ruben you can try..... unfortunately my 3 year old has an extreme egg allergy so we can't feed him the Ruben sausage which has thousand island dressing in it, so the pack is yours to try if you want it...pm me and we can set something up

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I had them make some sausage and summer sausage.  Was it good, yes.  Was it worth me paying them $8-10/lb for it.  No way.  That was when I started making my own.  TF you clearly have the skills, don't pay that price per lb.   imo.  

Something bothered me about paying that kind of money and providing the main ingredient.  

• Like 1

I agree, make your own.   Sausage is really easy to make.  I have a grinder/sausage stuffer that does on a kitchen aid, I buy the casings from Price chopper.  Local Amish store sells spices for sausage making.  Made these venison Jalepeno brats last year- took me maybe an hour.  Also made my own summer sausage, ordered the casings online and some quick cure. 

have made hot italian, polish, onion and pepper, breakfast sage, breakfast maple, -- this year will make breakfast sausage and cracked pepper beer brats.  I really enjoy making it and trying some new recipes. 

sausage.jpg

• Like 3

Our group does a $1000 order with them every year, they have countless options of product. Is it pricey...yes but, if you don't have the equipment, time or desire to make your own it is absolutely worth it! I pass out samples to friends and family and everyone becomes an immediate fan. As far as the hour drive, we drive up from Virginia to pick up our order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I agree, make your own.   Sausage is really easy to make.  I have a grinder/sausage stuffer that does on a kitchen aid, I buy the casings from Price chopper.  Local Amish store sells spices for sausage making.  Made these venison Jalepeno brats last year- took me maybe an hour.  Also made my own summer sausage, ordered the casings online and some quick cure. 

have made hot italian, polish, onion and pepper, breakfast sage, breakfast maple, -- this year will make breakfast sausage and cracked pepper beer brats.  I really enjoy making it and trying some new recipes. 

sausage.jpg

Do some research online, lots of great sites to get sausage recipes from. The brats and different Italian sausage flavors I make from scratch blow the store bought seasoning packets away by a mile. The only premade packets I buy anymore are the LEM breakfast sausage ones. They are really good.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Costanzas for processing?! I'll make the drive if it's worth it. Pretty happy with Buck n doe but heard great things about this place. Blueberry maple venison breakfast sausage has me intrigued Think they have a Reuben sausage as well. Sell me on the hour drive would ya 

Yes worth it and bring your pocket book he isn't cheap. Slim Jims are second to none along with the hotdogs with or without cheese.

If you want to do your own the Iron Skillet seasoning packets are one of the best I have found. For breakfast sausage we use a recipe we found online it is awesome. It has a little rosemary in it and makes all the difference. We have used a lot of the "SausageMaker" seasonings and they are also top notch. 

Sausagemaker is out of buffalo with great products. We have one down here in Horseheads they sell all sorts of processing stuff. https://www.sausagemaker.com/

Edited by chas0218

33 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Ive had them make alot of tasty treats over the years. Been doing my own for 5 or 6 years now and dont really miss anything but his hot dogs. They are great. Ill probably make the trek up there this year for those. He is pricey though.

That is one thing I can't manage to get right on my own I have tried all sorts of different seasonings and cooking methods I just can't get mine to taste like his. There is farm down here that cuts all their own meat and processes it I think it's called Warners they have the best hotdogs I have ever tasted I mean nothing holds a candle to them. I'll double check the name.

Guys that process your own do you use pork or beef fat in your recipes? I use pork butt about 1 to 4 pork to venison. I was thinking beef fat would be better being I like my burgers pink and uncooked pork isn't a good thing

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Do some research online, lots of great sites to get sausage recipes from. The brats and different Italian sausage flavors I make from scratch blow the store bought seasoning packets away by a mile. The only premade packets I buy anymore are the LEM breakfast sausage ones. They are really good.

the Amish put together spices during hunting season in packets just for 10 lbs of venison/pork mix.  It comes out great.  I just add a half a beer or some jalepenos or something extra I want.  

I've been going to Tony since he started doing it out of his house off Bay road, I can't say how many years that's been 20 or more ? 

I will not go a year without those Slim Sticks ! I also regularly get pepperoni , and hotdogs as well , although I've had most of his stuff .

Im not much of do it your selfer although that may appeal to some . Sure you can find someone to make stuff cheaper , the trick is to find someone who can do,it better .

Make the trip and decide for yourself , time the pick up trip with when I'm off and come hunt a day or half day with me . I guess you'd have to time the drop  off with me to hunt , often meat dropped off in gun isn't ready till after the season .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

That is one thing I can't manage to get right on my own I have tried all sorts of different seasonings and cooking methods I just can't get mine to taste like his. There is farm down here that cuts all their own meat and processes it I think it's called Warners they have the best hotdogs I have ever tasted I mean nothing holds a candle to them. I'll double check the name.

Guys that process your own do you use pork or beef fat in your recipes? I use pork butt about 1 to 4 pork to venison. I was thinking beef fat would be better being I like my burgers pink and uncooked pork isn't a good thing

It all depends on what Im making. Brats, Italian, breakfast, andoullie, chorizo and most other fresh sausages I use fatty pork. Summer sausage uses beef fat, etc etc.

I've gone last two years. Expensive. I will go again, though. I spent $250-300 last year and only brought in maybe 25 lbs of meat.

Whatever comes out has no gamey taste at all, even the slim sticks which are (I think) 90% deer meat. Pepperoni is also good. I've only done kielbasas (lots), but I'll try another. 

I get the deer butchered at uncle charlies on harris road. $80 and nicely bagged up in two days. He also will make "sausage" out of the burger. it's still in burger form but spices and some pork added. Tastes really good and I'll grab a bunch more of it this year.

My family eats at least 3 packs of his hot dogs a month. Plus we get slim sticks, breakfast sausage, keilbasa and other stuff, I love it all. I really wish he hadn't quit making the knockworst, they were my favorite. Back when I used to have a camp in the southerntier my buddies down there would send me home with their meat to drop off when I came home. They liked to pick it up though..... They would plan the pick up trip so they were coming by the klassy kat about lunch time!

• Like 1