Anyone Still Cutting Grass?

grampy

4 minutes ago, OtiscoPaul said:

All spring/summer every 4 days, ugh.

I have slacked in October between the heat, rain and hunting.

Planning on doing the full monty (mow, trim, fill dog holes etc...) this weekend and then praying for frost by the 31st! 

A good hard frost or two would slow it down some for sure!  

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

A good hard frost or two would slow it down some for sure!  

I hope old man winter rolls in on Halloween and doesn't give in all season...turn it to tundra!

Might even keep the deer working for a living instead of dodgin me like they owed me money.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

Nope.  Once bow season opens I quit mowing lawn.  If anyone drives by and doesn't like how it looks, the key is in the mower, have at it.

Have never seen a headstone that said "I wish I'd spent more time mowing the lawn and less time hunting."

:D

• Like 1

Well just as if my own Grampy had kindly asked me about my lawn I got the hint and did the deed.

Did i mention all push mower and stihl trimmer due to fluctuating topography and got it done while my 2.5 yr old daughter was napping!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Well just as if my own Grampy had kindly asked me about my lawn I got the hint and did the deed.

Did i mention all push mower and stihl trimmer due to fluctuating topography and got it done while my 2.5 yr old daughter was napping!

Ha-ha-ha..... You mentioned a push mower. I remember when that used to mean the old reel type mowers that you pushed by hand to make the reel blade rotate against a stationary knife blade to cut the grass. Luckily, I was too little to have that job. That was Dad's job until he decided to do the lawn mowing with the 8N and the sickle-bar mower.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1

Did mine today for the last time...to hot to hunt anyway. Tomorrow the deck gets cleaned, the blades come off, the battery comes out,  and it gets put away. Tried the snow blower to make sure and it fired up the first time so know I can hunt on Monday when it is cooler. :pleasantry: