Patent for Hunting Product?

I have been searching high and low for a hunting product that I want to buy. To my amazement, I can't find it anywhere. Now it has me thinking I should get paid for the idea lol. What is the next step? I'm not looking to quit my dayjob and chase some pipe dream or anything, just curious as to who I communicate my idea to?

4 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Whats your idea? I would be more than happy to test it so long as it won't result in my death or grave injury

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Talk to us.  Biz, you don't trust us??

$10K each and you guys can split the idea lol. But for real, I can't find this product anywhere and I could really use it for hunting. Now what?

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Well nobody is just going to give you money for an idea that they would first need to research themselves. That's the seller's job

I know. I guess I would need to pay a patent attorney to see if I'm in the clear. Then have someone make what I am thinking in my head.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rob-c said:

SHARK TANK ..........

I can't go on shark tank without a prototype and I probably need someone to create this product for me. Basically, there is a hunting product which I have but it does not have a key feature that I wish was added. I cannot find this feature available for purchase.

I can't go on shark tank without a prototype and I probably need someone to create this product for me. Basically, there is a hunting product which I have but it does not have a key feature that I wish was added. I cannot find this feature available for purchase.

There is no such thing as magic fairy dust, unless of course you've caught a magic fairy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ahhh the cough silencer /fart silencer combo ?:pleasantry:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Ahhh the cough silencer /fart silencer combo ?:pleasantry:

10 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

There is no such thing as magic fairy dust, unless of course you've caught a magic fairy

Seriously, I can't find this anywhere. I don't want to invent it, simply just want to buy it lol.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Heat seeking bullets would be unethical ......

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

You get the patent I'm sure if I can't make it someone I know can only cost you 50% partnership.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The problem is that the product is already being sold. My wish/idea is that this specific product had a certain feature to it, which I can't find anywhere. So the patent would need to be on the additional feature? or I am thinking I just reach out to the company who makes the product and see if they are interested in adding my idea to their product.

You want a patent attorney who knows something about the particular market. And it takes a pit bull to defend intellectual property or you'll lose it in a heartbeat. Been there, done that.

If you don't care about the rights, send the idea to companies that have the resources to develop, manufacture, and market it. They're very open to free ideas and suggestions. It cuts down on their R&D costs, and if they get the slightest whiff of it they'll steal it from you anyway.

• Like 2