Nose Jammer

Team Hoyt

Wait, youre supposed to put doe estrous on your boots? I thought it was like a 5 hour energy drink for when you go hunting. Always smelled and tasted funny to me, but I kept going with it because I hear about all of the great luck guys have with it. No wonder i never have any luck using scents.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I make my own, there used to be this stuff Doc's Sweet Demise. Smelled like vanilla and some other stuff. I just took some almond extract, imitation vanilla and molasses threw it in one of those cheap spray bottles from walmart and use that. I fill it about half way with the imitation vanilla the next 1/4 water, then 1/8 almond and 1/8 molasses. Deer seem to like it, I have had them follow my trail to the stand and lick my tree steps.

• Like 1

I think I have tried every gimmick out there. Nose Jammer is one that I have tried. I never had any luck with it...I tried it for a season a few years ago. Evercalm is the only thing out of the million things I have tried that I think there is something too....

• Like 1

I too have tried all kinds of stuff over many years with little positive results. Gave it all up a few years ago. Until.......last year. Was reading on this forum about guys using Evercalm, and getting surprisingly good results! So I picked some up and tried it.  It works!  Saw deer cross my trail and not come unglued. They would put their head down, smell, lift their head up, twitch their tail and move on! I saw this at least half a dozen times! Did not try the estrous version, but may give it a try in a coulpe weeks. It's about the only scent product I've ever used, that did what it claimed to do.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, grampy said:

I too have tried all kinds of stuff over many years with little positive results. Gave it all up a few years ago. Until.......last year. Was reading on this forum about guys using Evercalm, and getting surprisingly good results! So I picked some up and tried it.  It works!  Saw deer cross my trail and not come unglued. They would put their head down, smell, lift their head up, twitch their tail and move on! I saw this at least half a dozen times! Did not try the estrous version, but may give it a try in a coulpe weeks. It's about the only scent product I've ever used, that did what it claimed to do.

I've never tried a product but I came very, very close to trying evercalm last year. It seemed to get the most consistent positive reviews. I couldn't quite pull the trigger on $15, though, because apparently it has only about a one year shelf life.

I actually really love the smell of the bags of corn at field and stream that people buy to feed deer out of state (lol). 

i think some of this stuff helps some but playing the wind is still your best bet . after just one night at deer camp sent control is pretty much out the window... no shower...between the dogs, smoking, drinking and sweating when the wood stove gets to hot... i think i smell so bad the deer think that cant be a human lol

• Like 1

Evercalm is the sheet! When I do actually see deer which is less than I would prefer (through my own fault of using the wrong stand for the day, being lazy in my scouting, you get the idea) that stuff works like I am just some random deer chilling 20 feet up a tree. They don't care one bit. Gonna test out that vs2 this weekend since there seems to be some chasing going on in westchester

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, land 1 said:

i think some of this stuff helps some but playing the wind is still your best bet . after just one night at deer camp sent control is pretty much out the window... no shower...between the dogs, smoking, drinking and sweating when the wood stove gets to hot... i think i smell so bad the deer think that cant be a human lol

I use to drive the guys crazy getting up at 4 and taking a shower and leaving before their alarms went off. All gear was left out in the truck or van...But...I'd be dragging back deer and getting it hung by the time they come back empty handed...Eventually nearly everyone was showering and some leaving outer wear out side.. to date no one leaves before light to their stands, I don't hunt there anymore, Well during gun .The only bow hunter in camp...lol