Made the switch

chas0218

Well I put 2 Rage In the quiver last night. I'm still holding onto my fixed head for tonight but plan on taking a 30 and 40 yard shot to make sure these fly the same as my fixed. Insane the size of the cutting diameter.

Below is new vs old.0be8abf45b0ffd0d6fe169a5d0cfb4ed.jpgd32f459e7fff858dd8e0be0b76911ae2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 3

Are those real Rages or the China-Rage knockoffs? I have heard nothing but good things about the China knockoffs.

You wont regret it, I tried Rage heads when they first came out. Hated the rubber bands, so I went back to fixed and stuck with them till last year. I picked up a pack of Rage Crossbow X heads because they were orange, and that matched the color scheme on my bow (yeah yeah laugh it up, I cant help my OCD lol) and I wanted to try the new version with the shock collars. I dont regret it at all. They perform amazingly. Just bought 2 more packs so I can use them with my crossbow as well and have some spares

6 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Are those real Rages or the China-Rage knockoffs? I have heard nothing but good things about the China knockoffs.

China knockoffs, I did a lot of research on them before buying them. Over at another forum site there were a lot of guys using them with great success. I refused to buy the name brand Rage because of the price of the same product. Youtube had a bunch of videos about the rattle and mine don't really rattle. I had 1 with a blade that had a slight rattle. Not sure what difference it would make when it's flying at a deer.  Also I would only be out $25 for the 25 I bought. If anything I can use them small game hunting if I don't like them or sell them for what I bought them for. I sent the pictures above to my buddy and he said they were basically Hypodermics.

Edited by chas0218

8 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You wont regret it, I tried Rage heads when they first came out. Hated the rubber bands, so I went back to fixed and stuck with them till last year. I picked up a pack of Rage Crossbow X heads because they were orange, and that matched the color scheme on my bow (yeah yeah laugh it up, I cant help my OCD lol) and I wanted to try the new version with the shock collars. I dont regret it at all. They perform amazingly. Just bought 2 more packs so I can use them with my crossbow as well and have some spares

These were listed for crossbows too. I don't there is really a difference between the crossbow and bow Rages other than the color.

You would hate my bow, I have a predator camo dip on the bow but black sight and Matthews lost camo QAD HDx. My plan is to upgrade in a few years when my son starts to shoot bow.

• Like 1

My Chinadermics have a coyote and a doe under their belt so far this year and both performed as good as the real deal. No broken/chipped blades, shock collars broke as intended, still feel sharp (even though I won't reuse them for $1 each I'll just buy more and use the spent heads on squirrels etc...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, chas0218 said:

These were listed for crossbows too. I don't there is really a difference between the crossbow and bow Rages other than the color.

You would hate my bow, I have a predator camo dip on the bow but black sight and Matthews lost camo QAD HDx. My plan is to upgrade in a few years when my son starts to shoot bow.

I actually want to get mine dipped in Predator Fall Grey. My strings are orange with the ghost servings, bow riser and limbs are camo, quiver is camo and black and the sight, rest and stabilizer are black. Bow sling is orange, black and blue. Arrows have white and blue fletchings with the orange heads. I wouldnt be able to bring myself not to buy the orange heads, this is where my tendancy to be cheap meets my OCD and loses miserably lol.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gfdeputy2 said:

they actually don't only stay locked while tip is depressed

I am told they are legal in NY but if not they will be my NH heads

If they stay locked, as they advertise, they are barbed and illegal in NY.

The reason barbed broadheads are illegal is because you cant pull them back out once they are in. The head on those is spring loaded, so after the initial hit, the tip pops back and is no longer depressed, which locks the blades. Seems to me, that means they are barbed. I would want a letter in my pocket from DEC saying they are legal.

Keep supporting China!! Our grandkids will have to speak Chinese! The reason they are so cheap is they stole the R&D as well as the technology to make and make slaves make them...........

Off my soapbox. fire away.....
You're supporting China whether you buy them from China direct or buy them in a "Rage" package. If it saves me $14 per broadhead I'll think I'll cut out the "middle man" which is the Rage company. All of the Rage marketing and sponsorships will do just fine without my money too...

Off my soapbox.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That does not make sense the pic shows legal pivot  that is what these do they swivel like the Rage 2 blade. Trust me I want to be legal so I will make a video when I get out of work & to be honest DEC is not much help when we first started hunting NY over 10 years ago it took weeks & several employees to tell me if the Rage 2 blades were legal

Barbed broadheads are illegal for hunting big game. A barbed broadhead is one in which the angle formed between the trailing or rear edge of any blade and the shaft is less than 90 degrees. A notch at the base of the blade extending no more than 2 millimeters from the shaft shall not be considered a barb. Broadhead examples on the right compare one that is barbed to three that are legal. Broadheads with retractable blades are legal. Broadheads with mechanical blades are legal if the blades DO NOT form a barb or hook when the arrow is pulled from the flesh of a deer or bear

AND the blade locking notches are 1.5 mm from the body of the broadhead. I guess I will send this info to DEC. Thanks for the heads up everyone 

image.thumb.png.bb00629b1a068d3534ff51de4ee5c59f.png

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Keep supporting China!! Our grandkids will have to speak Chinese! The reason they are so cheap is they stole the R&D as well as the technology to make and make slaves make them...........

Off my soapbox. fire away.....

I'm not for supporting China but here is my thing. I can't support a company that has their product made in China but charge you 15x more than a competitor. A lot of these companies make it out to be in support of hunters and their sport but in reality just taking your hard earned money they could careless. I haven't seen any companies make donations to any Wildlife conservative funds or the like. I don't mind screwing a company that thinks it is okay to charge $15 vs $1 for a product that is the same. Maybe it will open their eyes and stop screwing us hunters out of our money. 

26 minutes ago, gfdeputy2 said:

Barbed broadheads are illegal for hunting big game. A barbed broadhead is one in which the angle formed between the trailing or rear edge of any blade and the shaft is less than 90 degrees. A notch at the base of the blade extending no more than 2 millimeters from the shaft shall not be considered a barb. Broadhead examples on the right compare one that is barbed to three that are legal. Broadheads with retractable blades are legal. Broadheads with mechanical blades are legal if the blades DO NOT form a barb or hook when the arrow is pulled from the flesh of a deer or bear

AND the blade locking notches are 1.5 mm from the body of the broadhead. I guess I will send this info to DEC. Thanks for the heads up everyone 

image.thumb.png.bb00629b1a068d3534ff51de4ee5c59f.pngimageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d9771

Hmm that is pretty interesting. If that is true then they are NY legal. 

1 minute ago, JaredA WNY8G said:

interesting thread let us know how those Chinese ones work..... I have rage, caught them on sale, includes the practice head as well.... but looking at it am so afraid they wont open that I still use muzzy trocar.  Good luck

I was thinking the same thing but if you look at the picture of the opened one and my fixed head the cutting diameter of the rage is almost the same as my little fixed head without the blades deployed so I was thinking it would be a wash. I think the Rage not opened would be close to 7/8" cutting diameter where my fixed blade is only 1" so not much of a difference.