Do you have a freezer alarm?

Core

All mechanical devices eventually fail. Given the meat I have in a deep freeze, which sometimes goes days between me opening, it is clear I need a freezer alarm.

Amazon has a bunch of wired ones but none of them appear to be very loud. I would like something loud so I can readily hear it.

Anybody else here use one? I have the bulldog water alarms scattered throughout the house and a couple months ago one saved me from a saturated carpet. Love my alarms :)

Have one that has two wireless sensors. Each displays temp. Main unit displays those two temps and temp in house. You set alarm parameters to low temp and high temp for it to trigger. The main unit sits on our coffee table and is the part that will actually be the alarm. Which is good as I might not hear it if alarm sounded from basement where the freezer is. 

• Like 1

No I go in my freezer daily for some sort of meat for dinner. Now if I could get my wife to push the door shut instead of just swinging it shut I would be all set. She treats it like a fridge and the door won't seal shut if you just swing it shut vs pushing it tight.

Edited by chas0218
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Core said:

All mechanical devices eventually fail. Given the meat I have in a deep freeze, which sometimes goes days between me opening, it is clear I need a freezer alarm.

Amazon has a bunch of wired ones but none of them appear to be very loud. I would like something loud so I can readily hear it.

Anybody else here use one? I have the bulldog water alarms scattered throughout the house and a couple months ago one saved me from a saturated carpet. Love my alarms :)

How about something bluetooth so you can get a signal right on your phone. 

https://www.tindie.com/products/Michael_Phillips/wireless-refrigeratorfreezer-sensoralarm/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0081UR76G/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0081UR76G&linkCode=as2&tag=freezerhub-20&linkId=CG7ZQJA3YHHH2ZPD

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2017 at 11:07 PM, Hock3y24 said:

Wish I had checked the thread again, as that is a legit brand.

Anyhow, I ended up buying this thing:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073VJCF6M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Came in today. I almost bought ($26 instead of regular $40) the acu-rite wireless ones, but just a few too many negative reviews for me and they eat batteries.

This thing I got today does exactly what I wanted, so hopefully it chugs along. it's setup now and custom range can be set as well. The biggest complaint is that the alarm is no louder than a microwave beep. Easily heard on same level of house but not as loud as I'd like ideally. We are in the basement all the time, though, so somebody will hear it if it ever triggers.

I think anybody who values what's in their freezer should buy one of these. It's not a question of if, but when your freezer dies. Will you catch it in time and move the food to another freezer? Even if it goes 15 years before dying do you want to deal with a potentially dead freezer in early december after it's got a bunch of meat you worked for in it.

• Like 1