Rut Report 2017

Canis Latrans

Getting many more photos of bucks during daylight. Had four under my stand yesterday...in the wind and two this morning. Does were running both days past my stand...young bucks on their trail. Starting to pop. Right on time. Photos of bucks in the daytime at zip-tied scrape setups. Three different hunting areas in southern 9Y.

10.31.17 buck flehmening at R&G scrape. .JPG

10.31.17 8 pt. on the move in the daytime PT .JPG

10.30.17 split G2 moving in daylight 1 .JPG

10.25.17 8 pt. at oh branch J.JPG

• Like 5

hey buckstop,  I hunt wellsville every year.  was down there this weekend and was a little confused on the action.  I had a monster 10 chasing a doe and stop 65 yards out and stare at me for 10 min straight.  after that, bucks we all by themselves.  Found myself an area where 5 major trails converge.  Hope to be sitting on them this weekend.  

• Like 2

It is on in 8H. As I looked out over my field this morning watching the rain hitting the windows  a nice four point and doe come out in the field. Every move she makes he duplicates and doesn't let her get more and twenty yds. away.

After a half hour another buck comes out and heads toward them but the first buck will not let him get close and stays between the doe and him. Watched them for about a half hr. then the second buck left.

A little later I see another buck crossing the field with his nose on the ground searching.

This all happened between 9:30 and 10:45.

• Like 1

I have a buck on cam overnight 10/31 chasing a doe. This am I saw the biggest deer I've ever seen. And it was in the middle of the street just before sunrise. I thought someone's pony had gotten out lol. His nose was on the ground and he didn't move till my truck was 30 yrs from him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Things are heating I've been after this buck for the since 2013 so he's old...he has rubs and scrapes in the same spot every year but he goes nocturnal so it's a chess game that I can't seem to win...he was big in 2013 I can only imagine how big he is now...gonna put a cam back up and see but if it is him the he is gonna be a record book deer for sure

received_542654362738795.jpeg

received_542654582738773.jpeg

received_542654559405442.jpeg

received_542654592738772.jpeg

20151113_152653.jpg

20151113_193006.jpg

Edited by silent death

4j -Yesterday I saw a doe with two fawns. No sign of a buck.

4H- Today I saw a large buck trotting through the woods at 2:30PM. Have a trail cam over a scrape which is being hit at night. Also a video of what I think is a 3.5 year old buck walking through at 5pm.  New scrapes are opening up. I think we are entering the seeking and chasing phase.