New guy on cam.

Buckmaster7600

The ears on the buck in the trail cam pic will be wider than the outside spread if laid down, making the spread 16".  Don't get me wrong, it's a nice deer but I really think the picture is deceiving.  It really doesn't matter to me what the deer scores, for one cause I don't get hung up on score and for two I'm not hunting the deer.  If the OP takes the deer and gets it scored and it's over 140, I'll buy him lunch that's all I'm saying.  And good luck to him!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DanielT said:

Lmao... Biz I want to see you wear Crocs to your hunting stand this is going to be great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

In dry areas, I have worn them on hot days hunting.  Why not.

Oh lol nevermind! Funny & true story though about Crocs. My Uncle lives in Boulder, CO and one of the founders of Crocs lives a few houses down. I met him one summer and literally like 2-3 weeks after I meeting him he got arrested for DWI and blamed Taylor Swift!! haha, it was all over their local news.

• Like 1

Will that 11th point be a deduction? Likely 140 gross... I was fortunate to take a 141 gross 11 pointer, 2 inch deduction scored 139. Very similar looking deer to mine. Best of luck, those are beautiful deer

Yes but we were all talking gross numbers. Net will be reduced by that, the difference in brows, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they were 8" tines and assuming the spread is 16" then they wouldn't be longer than half the spread. I stand with 12" g2 and g3 on the conservative side with close to 8" brows slightly smaller. Figuring 20" main beam you're looking at 104" Without the mass or accounting for the spread or g4.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, chas0218 said:

If they were 8" tines and assuming the spread is 16" then they wouldn't be longer than half the spread. I stand with 12" g2 and g3 on the conservative side with close to 8" brows slightly smaller. Figuring 20" main beam you're looking at 104" Without the mass or accounting for the spread or g4.

You need to look at other items in the picture for scale.  Compare the tine lengths to the spread and the deers head, if those tines are 12" as you are saying the spread would have to be 24" and it's not.  Here I gave you guys another inch on those tines just for fun...

Spread 16"

Main beams 22"

Left side:

Brow: 3", circ. 3"

G2: 9", Circ. 2.5"

G3: 9", Circ. 2.5

G4: 2.5", Circ. 2"

Right Side:

Brow: 5", Circ. 3"

G2: 6", Circ. 2.5"

G3: 7", Circ. 2.5"

G4: 7", Circ. 2"

G5: 1.5", Circ. 2"

Total Gross = 132

13 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

You need to look at other items in the picture for scale.  Compare the tine lengths to the spread and the deers head, if those tines are 12" as you are saying the spread would have to be 24" and it's not.  Here I gave you guys another inch on those tines just for fun...

Spread 16"

Main beams 22"

Left side:

Right Side:

Total Gross = 132

You don't get 5 mass measurements so your tally is 130". But mass isn't the thickness of the tines, is the main beams between the tines. Therefore, I think the mass is higher, as well as the tines. I can easily come up with 10" across the board, thus putting the buck at 140"+

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You don't get 5 mass measurements so your tally is 130". But mass isn't the thickness of the tines, is the main beams between the tines. Therefore, I think the mass is higher, as well as the tines. I can easily come up with 10" across the board, thus putting the buck at 140"+

I know how to measure mass, the main beam isn't over 1" in diameter making the mass measurement 3"

7 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

I know how to measure mass, the main beam isn't over 1" in diameter making the mass measurement 3"

Going with your 22" beams and 16" spread, I'll say 12" Mass on both sides. 25" in tines on Left and 32" on Right. So 141" Gross and I think I might still be a few inches short on the tines, so 141-145" GROSS.

Spread 16"

Main beams 22"

Left side:

Right Side:

Total Gross = 132

How did you get your spread number based on the tine length? I'm saying that the spread is 16" and you agreed. Now take the length of the tine and compare that to the 16" spread. The g2, g3, and g4 on his Left is easily 3/4 the length of the spread making them 12" minimum.

This 10 point is 131" gross with a 15" inside spread. It won't let me upload ill try later.