Get second opinions!!!

growalot

So we are friendly with our mechanic and his wife...And they have a camp and both hunt....

Well they were at camp cleaning brush and what not and she notice a red bite... mark on her thigh that night...She keeps an eye on it but also takes pics with her phone...this red mark turns into ...hahahaha sorry but it's the only thing that is popping into my head as a description...It looks like and angry nipple.Yes I had 2 kids... Plain as day a tick bite...Now she is my age and goes to the Doc. and he says she has shingles ...and wont do a Lyme test as she asked...treats her for shingles..Apparently anyone our are with a rash has shingles:mda:

She is now having a difficult time breathing and calls again...next picture...her entire upper thigh is flaming red and growing...She had to go to another Dr and he immediately started treating her for Lyme disease and took the test...it came back positive...and that other doctor delayed her treatment and treated her for something she didn't even have....TRUST YOUR GUT!

• Like 1

When does something like this cross over into malpractice? We are always complaining about the litigious antics of patients being one of the reasons for high medical costs, but who is to say that this mis-diagnosis will not result in some life changing perhaps even crippling problems or worse. Lyme disease often has lifelong reactions and complications and a lot of these complications are time-sensitive.

I think that if it were me I would me more than just angry.

I think the ticks are mean this year. I got two on Sunday morning and got them off early afternoon and the bite sites went nuts! I usually get some redness and a weeklong itch,but these just blew up. Went to the doc on Tuesday,and am taking antibiotics now,even though the ticks supposedly need to be on you for 24 + hrs before you get lyme disease. So i just got a skin infection of sorts.

Nasty,itches like hell too.

Your friends doctor sounds like a moron though.

Edited by BowmanMike
forgot something

I am a doctor, and I do have/had lyme disease it's pretty scary when left untreated.  not only do you quickly become very ill but it starts to cause strange and sudden neurological symptoms. I was taught the tick only has to be attached for 6 to 8 hrs to transmit the disease...  so yes, trust your gut

• Like 1