lone wolf assault climbing tree stand II

BowmanMike

Does anyone own one of those? It has a bigger platform than the original one,and i am thinking of getting one. My summit viper is just to damn heavy to haul any distance and the bar doesn't flip up,not great for bowhunting. 

If i get one now I can use it for the end of the month and November,wooohooo.

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Have you looked at the Summit Open Shot?

Had one for 8 seasons just gave it to a buddy great stand....

But the lone wolf hand climber is better...get the biggest platform.

Amazon has them for 354

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004XEHT8K/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1508506035&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=lone+wolf+tree+stands&dpPl=1&dpID=51eL5-4EF2L&ref=plSrch

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Had one for 8 seasons just gave it to a buddy great stand....

But the lone wolf hand climber is better...get the biggest platform.

Amazon has them for 354

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004XEHT8K/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1508506035&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=lone+wolf+tree+stands&dpPl=1&dpID=51eL5-4EF2L&ref=plSrch

Yeah,i am looking at the bigger platform hand climber. Adds almost three pounds of weight. I am also thinking of getting the cushier straps for it.

I am torn here. I could buy the lone wolf hand climber or save my $ for a new used matthews bow at my bow shop. My cheap starter bow,the bear cruzer package,will need a new string and rest soon and I kinda don't wanna throw more money at that one...

Might have to make due with the summit viper and tough out the haul...

I like the look of these things, but the more I use my viper the more I like it. I use the rail to rest my bow on. While doing bow I have the seat as high as it can go and I can basically shoot over it, but to be honest when I see deer come by I get vertical immediately (most times) and prefer to shoot standing.

I love how light some of these are and the viper is a beast, but have the rail to sit on while climbing is really nice. For the first time ever my bottom actually slipped out while climbing a couple weeks ago. I caught myself to a good degree but having the rail there may recovery very easy. Had I been hanging by the safety strap without a rail it could have been a much bigger hassle.

There is some ridiculously light 12-13 lb climber and it has a rail. I can't remember the brand, I almost bought it last year but reviews were only generally good instead of outstanding.

I have a Summit Viper Mini, with the aluminum frame, its not super heavy, as compared to an original steel one.   I have a newer aluminum one, and an original one thats used as my backup/leave overnight.  The steel one in my opinion is much more comfortable to sit in for longer periods.

The super light one these days are the X-stand.  Its like 12 pounds, and one of their models is a sit and climb.  Sportsman's Guide sells them actually for much less than the manufacturer website.

2 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

I have a Summit Viper Mini, with the aluminum frame, its not super heavy, as compared to an original steel one.   I have a newer aluminum one, and an original one thats used as my backup/leave overnight.  The steel one in my opinion is much more comfortable to sit in for longer periods.

The super light one these days are the X-stand.  Its like 12 pounds, and one of their models is a sit and climb.  Sportsman's Guide sells them actually for much less than the manufacturer website.

Yeah Looking now. They have a sit and climb for 14.8 lbs I think but they also have one without a rail that comes in at 11 lbs!