Venison at Arby's

growalot

I have a very good friend that manages an Arby’s locally and we went to a wake together last night. He told me about it, the meat is costing each store better than $6 for each sandwich. Retail is supposed to be north of $9.  He has had people inquiring for weeks about it and he thinks they’ll be lined up at the door for the 10am opening.  And yes, all they have is 100 patties.....

1 hour ago, vizslas said:

I may be wrong but i think venison refers to wild game.so it could be a few different kinds of farm raised,, wait that makes it not venison.

Technically it means "deer meat" regardless how was raised. Bacon from domestic pig or wild pig is still a bacon... and it tastes good :-)

• Like 4

Probably fallow deer...They are often raised for "commercial" venison... I have never tried it, but I have heard that it is really good...  Personally, the best venison I have eaten is fat caribou taken in late August or early September BEFORE the rut....I have also heard that the very best wild venison is Sitka Blacktail, but I have never been lucky enough to sample it...It was on my bucket  list, but time has caught up with me and  I;ll never get to do it....

Making venison available to the public via a national fast food restaurant is a great.  Hopefully those who never had venison, will realize that deer meat is human food.  Too many think of deer as Bambi, the  Disney cartoon character.  We need less ignorant non-hunters like PETA.  We need more non-hunters who who will support hunting.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...