9yr olds homemade stand

Zag

Man I remember building some sketchy stuff at that age myself and I am still kicking around . But having said that , at least tell us he’s wearing a harness. It would be super cool if he shot a  deer from it though ..

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how he even got his tool box up their, I give him lots of credit he's pretty dang smart and surprises me all the time. I just tell him what to be careful with and let him do his thing and live and learn.

• Like 2

I admire the little fellas interest, passion and creativity, but as a father, grandfather, and medical provider, the thought of him or anyone else up there frightens me. Might better get him an inexpensive ladder stand and harness, or a nice ground blind.  Must be a real good boy! And, a brave one at that!  :  )

I'M with the others on this...great he had the desire the guts to do that and the fact he did it and survived...but I'm afraid I'd have to wait until he is in school and tie a rope to the tree and bring it down. Chainsaw would be too obvious. :secret:Have a ladderstand waiting for him when he got home, or a new substantial tree picked out and teach him how to build a proper safe stand together. Good teaching tool.

9 hours ago, zag said:

I'm not sure how he even got his tool box up their, I give him lots of credit he's pretty dang smart and surprises me all the time. I just tell him what to be careful with and let him do his thing and live and learn.

zag,i think it is commendable that you let your kid explore stuff like that. People are so overprotective these days,a little too much so in my opinion. 

I am 45 years old and as a kid we got to roam the fields and woods completely unsupervised. We climbed some serious trees,maybe 100+ feet tall. That is what kids do.

Thumbs up for your guy,i can relate to him,i sit in a tree with the same excitement.

• Like 1

I had to of climbed 5000 trees when I was a kid. Built a bunch of sketchy tree houses and forts lol. Imagine if we were told your feet can't leave the ground without a safety line. Might a well not be a kid. Wrap em all in bubble wrap lol. That said I am a dad so I would make sure the area around the base is clear of any hazard and then put 3 feet of leaves under it. When he's not around sturdy it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk