Biggest one yet,and what is his age?

BowmanMike

9 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

So i checked my cam i moved a couple of weeks ago and am i glad i did. Havent seen this guy before. The base of his antlers looks pretty thick,he has to be more than 2 1/2 years old,right?STC_0050.thumb.JPG.3c437a796278611d74e3566d473c08e0.JPG

STC_0051.JPG

I shot a similar 8pt 2 seasons ago...2.5yrs.

Depends where you are and what they get to eat.  

I think he could be 3.5 decent brisket and belly and the brows are pretty far apart.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

not a whole lot to go on.  frontal pictures aren't the best but i don't think it's 2.5 years old.  just got too much going on in the front and mass is not typical for for a 2.5 year old.  just doesn't look 4.5 years old either, even for a runt. if i had to put money down and make a decision it'd be that it's 3.5 years old.  all things equal the western end of your WMU has more potential than the eastern end.  wouldn't change what i think for age though.

• Like 2

i am dead center 4 F. And mostly woods here,a couple of hayfields. I dont think even corn is close enough to be on his home range,but maybe he travels further than i think.

North of me bucks tend to be bigger,more agriculture and better soil. Probably same thing west of here,and east as well,like in the schoharie valley.

Like DB says...not a lot to go on with just a frontal photo...but I would tend to lean more older...like a 4.5 year old for my neck of the woods. Good bases...thick diameter. Heavy brisket, and wide frontal stance all point to an older deer. From the camera perspective...he gives an "all shoulders" look of an older animal. And he looks like he has short legs. All those keys tell me it is an older deer. JMO

• Like 1