This week looking good

BigVal

pretty slow now as i don't think we have much of any early estrous doe yet on the property.  could change any day now though. some reports of some though and bucks are fired up as it's supply and demand.  i've got probably 3-4 vacation days.  probably wait for a good front to pass through with a significant quick 20+ degree dive in temp, tanking of wind, and bottomed pressure drop beginning to rise.  aside from that it's whenever i can get out i will.  right now i hunting observation stands and bouncing around to not hunt anything more than once or twice.

• Like 1

I saw 3 bucks traveling together Sat am, but they seemed agitated with each other. Also saw 2 lone bucks together as well, they were running from some danger, but together.  Sunday I saw a 1 horned 2pt hounding does and grunting. He had already broken off one side.  I expect the cooler temps and having a doe come into heat somewhere will change things.  Last year the best trail cam pics of the year were the last week of Oct with adult bucks on the hoof all times of day.

Definitely looking good...not today though, wind is whipping...and the leaves are doing cyclone runs all over the property. They'd smell my in every direction...but tomorrow and tomorrow night I have a good feeling about...time to kick up the cold gear.. I will miss having all the windows in the house open though...