Raptor 700r

I know a few of you guys are like me and enjoy riding,

I got out of sport quads to save for a house about a year ago and sold off my baby along with both my bikes. Just keeping the 4x4 quad. 

Now I have a chance to drop a little bit of cash on another toy and am wondering. Anyone drive a 700r? I've driven plenty of quads lots of 400s 450s etc, only raptor I've.been on was a 660. Any first hand experience? Thanks in advance!

..when I rode the 700 it wasn't much of a difference than a 660 but to me they seemed both tipsy. We have 5 ATVs and none are a raptor just because of that reason becareful of some of the 700r they have had overheating issues...that's why I love my ds650 I eat raptors for lunch lol mines not stock though:)

Edited by silent death

Raptors are great quads, gobs of power, but the center of gravity is too high IMO. Slap a set of extended A arms up front and a wider axle out back and it does wonders for handling. The 700 engine is great, pretty much the same as I have in my Viking SxS. Knock on wood, Ive had it for 3 years with zero issues. I just change the oil when I need to and thats it.

If I were to buy a sport quad at this point, Id have to be looking for one of the Kawasaki KFX450Rs from a few years ago. I rode one when I was looking for a SxS just to see how it was. I love love love the Suzuki Z400, great quad, handles just how I like and plenty of power with reverse to boot (I hate getting off a bike to push it backwards when in tight spots). The Kawi 450R just adds more power to the mix. Its a blast. If I couldnt find one, Id grab a Z400. For an all out race quad, it would be the Yamaha YFZ450, but I have zero aspirations of ever racing quads again lol.

• Like 1