Your best grunt call?

I bought two custom calls that IIRC were recommended by folks on this site.  I kept one and sold the other off in a fundraising I had for NY Dove Hunting a couple years ago. 

Once again, I don't recall who made min e but it is stellar.  Oh crap, I'll get up and go see who made it......hang on.

It's a VECtor and I bought it in 2014.  I know for a fact that I killed my big buck two years ago because of it.

http://www.vectorcalls.com/page3.html

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I bought two custom calls that IIRC were recommended by folks on this site.  I kept one and sold the other off in a fundraising I had for NY Dove Hunting a couple years ago. 

Once again, I don't recall who made min e but it is stellar.  Oh crap, I'll get up and go see who made it......hang on.

It's a VECtor and I bought it in 2014.  I know for a fact that I killed my big buck two years ago because of it.

http://www.vectorcalls.com/page3.html

Thanks for getting up!! They look pretty sweet

11 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

It really sounds good.  After I got it I pawned a few off on here. 

I don't remember who bought the mate to the VECtor call off here????? I hope they're happy with it.........

Same one I use.   Definitely called in my buck 2 seasons ago with it and likely called in last years buck (blind grunt but came in shortly after).   

It really sounds good.  After I got it I pawned a few off on here. 
I don't remember who bought the mate to the VECtor call off here????? I hope they're happy with it.........
Those VECtor calls are sweet! I had a mondo buck standing on his hind legs because of one! It was really cool! Sadly he decided he didn't see any challengers making the noise and decided the hot doe in the area was more impressive than my constant grunting like a doofus. Moral is they are awesome and definitely work well!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Same one I use.   Definitely called in my buck 2 seasons ago with it and likely called in last years buck (blind grunt but came in shortly after).   

This thread got me all worked up so I emailed Vince and have another call coming my way.

Hedge wood (never heard of it but it appears to be Osage) looked good to me for this one.  $55 shipped

My other one is pictured here........

image.thumb.jpg.1753c7bf98a267fc9605af2bb55fd4ad.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

This thread got me all worked up so I emailed Vince and have another call coming my way.

Hedge wood (never heard of it but it appears to be Osage) looked good to me for this one.  $55 shipped

Glad I fired you up, send one my way too

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Man was that an infomercial!!

Law....it wasn't meant  "It is the only one to have". I use it because it saves me from carrying and looking for a bleat can also. About 5 yrs. ago I called a buck in from a field about 150 yards away with it and I was able to harvest him. He came in on a trot and gave me a nice 20 yd. shot. I am sure given the right situation just about any of the calls on the market would work.

I just use it because it is convenient, is realistic, and it has the adjustable tones. Not saying it is any better than any of the others and it hasn't brought any "world class" bucks my way.:drinks:

I don't need to push it for them they have a pretty aggressive marketing system.

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 6:20 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Thanks Larry I just emailed him and hoping I can have it by the weekend. I sure needed one on tonight's hunt.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 6:20 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Wouldn't be Vince from the Cape Vincent area would it?

Don't delay, call now............And if you DO call now, we'll throw in not one but 7 of our calling systems. 
Man was that an infomercial!!
Larry how did you even find out about that guy and his awesome calls?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk