Your best grunt call?

On 10/31/2017 at 8:48 PM, zag said:

Thanks Larry I just emailed him and hoping I can have it by the weekend. I sure needed one on tonight's hunt.

Mine isn't here yet but could be tomorrow.  I sent him an email this morning (he told me to bug him about it!)  and he said it was sent and I should get it soon.

We had been emailing back & forth last week about his upcoming weekend hunt.  It was a Youth Hunt and he and his young hunter scored on a nice doe.  He sent me a picture and it's really cool!

Uncle Sam better have a package for me tomorrow..................

• 1 month later...

i use the trutalker. i have called in more than one shooter buck. they have made it better than it used to be because they got rid of the rubber band adjustment and have given it raised edges so you always know where your finger is. it will do everything from bucks to a fawn distress call.

• Like 1

Always been a "True Talker" guy... from the first custom one I got from the inventor, David Oathout, to the modern day one produced by Hunters Specialties. David sent a me a new call he produced for my birthday last year that is a good one as well, The "Say It All" deer call. 

18 hours ago, G-Man said:

Just down load an app or whitetail.calls on your phone

Not legal in NY.  As a matter of fact I was told by a DEC officer you can get fined just having it on your phone while hunting.  Kinda funny if one was caught using an app to attract deer. 

17 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Not legal in NY.  As a matter of fact I was told by a DEC officer you can get fined just having it on your phone while hunting.  Kinda funny if one was caught using an app to attract deer. 

It was made legal.. just illegal.for turkey and geese.. as per question on Dec site 

Is it legal to use decoys and electronic calls to hunt deer?
A:
 Both decoys and electronic calls are legal to use for deer hunting in NY. You should exercise caution when transporting a deer decoy to and from the locations in the field. Some hunters wrap a strip of blaze orange material around the decoy when carrying it.

Can I use an electronic call for coyote and other furbearer hunting?
A: 
Yes. You may NOT use an electronic call for turkey, ducks or geese.

get a blue tooth speaker and put it inside a decoy and control volume and calls.from.your phone..

• Like 1

Nice they must  have just changed it this year!  

39 minutes ago, G-Man said:

It was made legal.. just illegal.for turkey and geese.. as per question on Dec site 

Is it legal to use decoys and electronic calls to hunt deer?
A:
 Both decoys and electronic calls are legal to use for deer hunting in NY. You should exercise caution when transporting a deer decoy to and from the locations in the field. Some hunters wrap a strip of blaze orange material around the decoy when carrying it.

Can I use an electronic call for coyote and other furbearer hunting?
A: 
Yes. You may NOT use an electronic call for turkey, ducks or geese.

get a blue tooth speaker and put it inside a decoy and control volume and calls.from.your phone..

I believe it was changed 2017 I'm not.sure I know it was illegal for years but good hi quality recordings and adjustable volume as well as ability to place the call somewhere is the only.way to go ..why carry a tube when everyone has their phone in hand following live from the woods anyway..