Mountain Hunter

Welcome to the forum.  You are wandering in the right direction for sure.  There is no place on earth that I would rather hunt deer than NY's Adirondack mountains.  I have been around a bit, and the scenery up there is second to none.   It is hard to put into words what that adds to the deer hunting experienced.  "Best in world" scenery, combined with minimal hunting pressure, is a tough combination to replicate.  One drawback is that it is addicting and can cause the hunting in other areas to loose some of it's luster.   Another, if you are hunting the more remote areas, might be the flavor of the venison.  They say the "bark-eaters" are not so tasty.  The four that I have taken from the edges of the 6.5 million acre Adirondack park, near agricultural areas, were just as good as those from the corn fields of home however.           

Edited by wolc123

Welcome to the club and N.Y.S. has great hunting to offer to up in the Adirondack and also Southern Tier N.Y..

Be conscious of the fact  that the Adirondack,s heavy wood,s area,s in the East section that people have gone in and  never come out. Search rescue parties were establishes and did a great job looking for many lost people. Some were found and some were not found. and so I would not carry a caliber under 30-06 or handgun under 45acp..Get you pistol permit filed and carry a minimum of a 45acp.or 45 long colt. for added safety and never hunt alone . Always have a buddy on watch not to far from you. And hunt with a friend that knows the area your hunting in very well . The local,s have a idea who or whats causing these missing hunters or hikers but it,s being kept hush up

Anyhow I wish you the best in  the woods hunting and hope you enjoy New York.

Later, Froggy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2017 at 1:28 AM, Froggy said:

Welcome to the club and N.Y.S. has great hunting to offer to up in the Adirondack and also Southern Tier N.Y..

Be conscious of the fact  that the Adirondack,s heavy wood,s area,s in the East section that people have gone in and  never come out. Search rescue parties were establishes and did a great job looking for many lost people. Some were found and some were not found. and so I would not carry a caliber under 30-06 or handgun under 45acp..Get you pistol permit filed and carry a minimum of a 45acp.or 45 long colt. for added safety and never hunt alone . Always have a buddy on watch not to far from you. And hunt with a friend that knows the area your hunting in very well . The local,s have a idea who or whats causing these missing hunters or hikers but it,s being kept hush up

Later, Froggy.

Thanks for the laugh :rolleyes:

Later, Froggy.

Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Later, Froggy.
Or a 10mm with 220 grain Hardcastle bullets

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm...I suspect that perhaps they are being kept as love slaves by a perverted tribe of lesbian Huron Amazon Indians...

Since they slaughter all of their male children at birth, they need to kidnap poor unsuspecting male hunters for breeding stock, or face extinction...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 9 months later...