Hunting pet peeve

Robhuntandfish

9 hours ago, grampy said:

My #1 is, guy's too selfish to take a kid hunting because it may, "mess up THEIR hunt".  Sadly, I have seen this before. And tried my best to correct it. Not always successfully though.

I'll tell you my 9yr old has eagle eyes and love it when he comes, last time we hunted he saw the deer before I did.

• Like 1

You have made me see the error of my ways, Grampy...
I have decided to take Moog  gobbler hunting next spring  to  see if we can break the little feller's cherry....>....
Now if I can only find a blind big enough for the both of us......

Only hunted waterfowl a couple times and I can see where that would get old. Do you often have to hunt that close to others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Only hunted waterfowl a couple times and I can see where that would get old. Do you often have to hunt that close to others?

You gotta hunt where the ducks are.....I have found a few choice hideaways over the years, but often your choices are limited by water, access, etc.

You gotta hunt where the ducks are.....I have found a few choice hideaways over the years, but often your choices are limited by water, access, etc.

Makes sense, only duck hunting I have done was flooded timber in Tennessee with a buddy I was in the service with. His dad was the ducks unlimited chapter president and I don't know anything about hunting ducks but I have to imagine the spot we went was good because I was averaged about 1 for 10 still got my limits.

• Like 1

The youtube hunters who try to sound smart and mimmick the top guys by whispering every conceivable hunting factor with zero reference as to why.

"We waited 42 days for the perfect east north westly southern wind to hunt this stand."

Um, what? :pilot:

anything in nature isn't a pet peeve, but part of the hunt. all my pet peeves are human related. tresspasers, litterbugs, unethical hunters, hunter vs hunter drama.

I think one nobody has mentioned yet but really grinds my gears is the uneducated/uncooperative landowner or neighbor who is anti-hunting for all the wrong reasons. If you love animals, I'm ok with that. But when it's an insurance thing, I just don't want you back there, i'm afraid you'll arrow one of my kids nonsense. that pisses me off. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, zag said:

One of mine is when I get to work on a Monday and they ask if I caught any... I always say nope they run to fast

or when i just get out of the woods and my moms like "i don't see a deer" with a big smile on her face. She means well, but it's like... mom, i just spent 4 hours in the woods and i'm tired. it's not funny EVERY time lol. 

6 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have a new pet peeve.   People saying they will take me turkey hunting and then not taking me turkey hunting.  Lol.  Be forewarned Pygmy and buckmaster.   Haha.  

I'll take you out this coming spring, Ya Big Chooch....PINKIE SWEAR.!!

• Like 1

scumbag/@ss8l$ hunters! That about sums it up... Also stepping in a fresh pile of crap in the dark is never fun. Especially not noticing it til your in stand! Oh Foggy glasses sucks too! lol Or when the final few steps to your stand go from super quiet to loud by stepping on a branch.. Ive got too many