Hunting pet peeve

Robhuntandfish

I have a new pet peeve.   People saying they will take me turkey hunting and then not taking me turkey hunting.  Lol.  Be forewarned Pygmy and buckmaster.   Haha.  

Next May you're on! I'll even put you up in my wive's resort on lake George for your stay on my dime if I can't get you in range of a tom in 2 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, catskillkid said:

Neighbor setting 2 ladderstands directly on the property line overlooking a heavy deer run on my land. Also cutting shooting lanes onto my land. But I am sure he has no intention of shooting over the line. :stop:

In the same exact spot you were planning on stacking all the cut brush?

• Like 2

Neighbor setting 2 ladderstands directly on the property line overlooking a heavy deer run on my land. Also cutting shooting lanes onto my land. But I am sure he has no intention of shooting over the line. kolobok_stop.gif

I found a "filming set", hang on stand above a ladder stand, on my friends property. It's about ten yards over the line if OnX is accurate. If they'd have just asked he would let them hunt most likelyf82614ecc7ab47a3701a92e4eb05a43f.jpg

4 hours ago, wooly said:

When you're talking to another hunter who you thought knew his stuff.... until he tells you about all the rubs on the ground and all the scrapes on the trees! :punish:

Up here in the North Country, "scrapes ARE on trees and "paw beds" are on the ground. And deer meat is "venzin".

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, brownclown said:

accuweather and weatherunderground having conflicting weather reports for same locations.

try the app. NWS national weather service , its NOAA. so just plug in your location.Have to have a good weather app. So even when you hear its a north wind, and have a moment of what way is that mean- Blowing north or blowing from the north, It has an arrow. Now Ive only been using this app for a month or so but its got everything else beat. Radar, seven day, current and pretty accurate too.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vizslas said:

try the app. NWS national weather service , its NOAA. so just plug in your location.Have to have a good weather app. So even when you hear its a north wind, and have a moment of what way is that mean- Blowing north or blowing from the north, It has an arrow. Now Ive only been using this app for a month or so but its got everything else beat. Radar, seven day, current and pretty accurate too.

thanks. ill try that. i usually like weather underground bc it has local sations to see but still find it inaccurate at times....i relate on the wind.  i have asked many times does north wind mean coming from or blowing that way.

On 11/1/2017 at 2:47 PM, catskillkid said:

No stacked brush, but there happens to be 2 old shirts drenched in perfume hanging in trees on my side of the line now. Hummm, wonder how they got there.

Father in law did this works great until they get used to the perfume, hanging silver reflective ribbon works pretty good at a deer deterrent.

1 hour ago, brownclown said:

accuweather and weatherunderground having conflicting weather reports for same locations.

24 minutes ago, vizslas said:

Intellicast is pretty good too. Usually I take 3 or 4 reports and whichever are the same are what I go with. Doesn't always work and have had the one that was different be the right one but the odds of that happening are slim.

If you are looking for wind reports I really like the FishWeather app for android. It has realtime weather station data from all over. It is true real time changing by how fast you refresh the data. I use it religously while fishing and can setup alerts for wind speeds. They also have it for apple users.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.windalert.android.fishweather&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fishweather/id555644333?mt=8

Edited by chas0218
Added link to apps
  • Like 2

On 11/1/2017 at 5:54 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I found a "filming set", hang on stand above a ladder stand, on my friends property. It's about ten yards over the line if OnX is accurate. If they'd have just asked he would let them hunt most likelyf82614ecc7ab47a3701a92e4eb05a43f.jpg

My "buddy" just takes the bottom section of ladder. Either filming set or taking someone with them. I always like the guys that setup on my property then bring a kid, showing the kid trespassing is okay. Totally f-ed up poor kid needs a real role model.

• Like 1