Looking to get this Recurve going

mlammerhirt

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

How about veins? Can they be fletched with plastic or are feathers better?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feathers are much better. Right helical is best with screw in points as left tends to unscrew the points but left can also be used. If you use glue on points left helical is fine.

Only because when starting out I had a 50 yr old Kodiak recurve 45#'s...My archery guy set me up with a new string and 2115 Easton lites. He had major concerns about my shooting because of the bows age...and had me checking those limbs every time I was out and after every shot...Once I shot  my 7 pt he really wanted me to retire it and I did...So  Just a thought....

38 minutes ago, growalot said:

Only because when starting out I had a 50 yr old Kodiak recurve 45#'s...My archery guy set me up with a new string and 2115 Easton lites. He had major concerns about my shooting because of the bows age...and had me checking those limbs every time I was out and after every shot...Once I shot  my 7 pt he really wanted me to retire it and I did...So  Just a thought....

Go to a good old time archery shop , have them look it over as far as it's shape , buy a string and a spare one from them , have them check your draw length and measure how much weight at that length and have them pick out aluminum arrows for that results, better off learning with them first. buy a target with a few spots to shoot at on it's face . Don't try to shoot groups( it's not a firearm with bullets) good way to screw up arrow shafts that way.   

• Like 1