What do you guys do for a living?

BigVal

I am a welder by trade.  I run asphalt plants for a living.  80 hours a week from April till December.  Great money, but I am burnt out lol.  Get into the trades.  Pipefitters, Boilermakers, Tin knockers, etc.  I'm in the operating engineers.  Pretty much always have a job, and if work slows down, you have the ability to travel.

Been a CPA for 25 years. Was the CFO of an insurance company and now offer consulting CFO services for small businesses. It's absolutely amazing the number of small businesses that have no clue how they're really doing or how to get better.  Every company should have a CFO and in 95% of the cases it should not be the owner! 

• Like 2

Public Middle school (6th grade)English teacher for the past 17 years-real jealous of PE teachers when essays come rolling in to grade) 4 more prior years at private Jesuit school in the Bronx. Coach girls basketball and varsity golf for the school (dropped football when started bowhunting)tutor a few hours a week, and run a summer camp for a westchester country club...8:00-3:00 and summers off have never been my definition of a teacher (especially one whose wife works for the church...aka charity!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am 29 and am a machinist and welder by trade. Went to school for both at alfred state. Welded for a few years and wuickly learned it sucked i the aummer so foubd a new job as a machinist ar dresser rand. I run everything frim manual mills to 5 axis pallet changers and am currently running a 5 axis planer mill with a 60 foot long by 12 foot wife table with capabilities of machining 19 feet in height too. I will say in machining dont go production route that could get boring as hell but if you find somewhere that has multiple digfetebt machines you can run anf learn you should never be bored.

Ps. Phones autocorrect apparently sucks lmao

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, crappyice said:

Public Middle school (6th grade)English teacher for the past 17 years-real jealous of PE teachers when essays come rolling in to grade) 4 more prior years at private Jesuit school in the Bronx. Coach girls basketball and varsity golf for the school (dropped football when started bowhunting)tutor a few hours a week, and run a summer camp for a westchester country club...8:00-3:00 and summers off have never been my definition of a teacher (especially one whose wife works for the church...aka charity!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

I am 29 and am a machinist and welder by trade. Went to school for both at alfred state. Welded for a few years and wuickly learned it sucked i the aummer so foubd a new job as a machinist ar dresser rand. I run everything frim manual mills to 5 axis pallet changers and am currently running a 5 axis planer mill with a 60 foot long by 12 foot wife table with capabilities of machining 19 feet in height too. I will say in machining dont go production route that could get boring as hell but if you find somewhere that has multiple digfetebt machines you can run anf learn you should never be bored.

Ps. Phones autocorrect apparently sucks lmao

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I bet crappyice just had a heart attack reading this post. Only messing with ya though. When I type from the phone I'm not any better. 

• Like 2