Herter's ground blind

I didn't plan to buy a ground blind, but for $49 net this deal was too good to pass up.  Cabela's is running a $69 sale on these right now (normally $99) with another $20 back if you spend $100.  

Can't go wrong at this price.  Hub system, shoot-thru mesh, silent slide windows and good camo pattern.  Size is very roomy for one, may want the XL version for 2 persons.  Only cons I can see are cheap standard tent pegs and some pinholes.  For my purposes, I don't have my own private land to hunt, so worst-case scenario having a good $50 blind stolen would be better than having a great $300-$400 blind stolen.  

20171031_111209.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Nice blind....got the link? Or did you go to the store?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bought it in their Delaware store.  No tax. :D

http://www.cabelas.com/product/hunting/hunting-blinds/ground-blinds-accessories/pc/104791680/c/104702580/sc/104365080/herters-ground-blind/2555337.uts?slotId=9

My blinds always tend to end up crunched. That's why I go ameristep care taker.
My first one was killed by a giant snowstorm this past winter. My second one was bested by this tree. Have my third currently in my trunk for when I decide to clear away the tree and reset.def092ad1ad8d4f22a15252ad973673d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ouch! good thing you weren't sitting in that blind!
Yeah I was pretty bummed to see it in the morning, but all things considered 90 bucks is far cheaper to replace than my life. If I had to buy a new blind every year due to trees that would be fine so long as it was always when nobody was inside or going to it. Safety is number one. Human life is number 1. All else can be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1