Arrow question

eagle rider

Anyone have experience with Blood Sport or Victory arrows?  I'm into my last dozen Easton Nemesis arrows.  I love them but they don't make them anymore.  They replaced them with the Bonfire, but I don't like the way the wrapped the whole arrow.  The Victory Patriot is on Sportsman Guide for $55/dozen.  The overall straightness is +/- .006.  The Blood Sport Punisher is +/- .004.  I don't know if that will make  huge difference shooting at deer inside of 40 yards.  

Also since they are both lighter, their charts put me into the 300 spine.  In the Easton I shoot 340's.  Set up is 30" at 70 pounds hard cam.  100 gr broadhead.  

I use them on both vertical and compound. I haven't measured for straightness, but on my arrow spinner they visually look very good. I can get them to group well. I agree that inside of 40 certainly any detected variance in impact I can attribute to shooting consistency, not the arrow. I'm confident in saying the bulk of bowhunters are not good enough archers to tease out any accuracy difference between these and high end arrows. 

I'd spend $90 for 6 arrows if somebody could prove with a hooter shooter that they are capable of appreciably better groups at, say, 50 yards, than these arrows, but I doubt anybody can. These arrows can be had at times for as little as $20 for a pack of 6 from field & stream/dicks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Core said:

I use them on both vertical and compound. I haven't measured for straightness, but on my arrow spinner they visually look very good. I can get them to group well. I agree that inside of 40 certainly any detected variance in impact I can attribute to shooting consistency, not the arrow. I'm confident in saying the bulk of bowhunters are not good enough archers to tease out any accuracy difference between these and high end arrows. 

I'd spend $90 for 6 arrows if somebody could prove with a hooter shooter that they are capable of appreciably better groups at, say, 50 yards, than these arrows, but I doubt anybody can. These arrows can be had at times for as little as $20 for a pack of 6 from field & stream/dicks.

Between the two, which do you like better?

6 hours ago, eagle rider said:

Between the two, which do you like better?

Oops, I've not tried bloodsport. Victory are the ones I use and reviews online are always good, too. With the correct equipment they can definitely group well. At 15 yards today from a rest with my crossbow I was able to get a 1/4" group with three separate victory decimator arrows from my sniper 370 crossbow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Dicks usually has Victory for $19.99/6 and I've had no issues with them. I shoot expensive .001 shafts for 3D but think it's a waste of $ in the woods. Probably a waste for 3D if I'm being honest lol

I wish there were more online comparisons. I'd like to see a good archer given arrows like this and then expensive ones and after each shot have somebody else load the arrow so he doesn't even know which one he's about to fire, then see how the groups are. Or a hooter shooter. I've never seen any good analysis of expensive vs cheap arrows online and how they actually group--just thousands of posts of people talking about them without really testing theories :(

• Like 1

These are the arrows I'm using, $65/dz cut to length, inserts glued in and shipped to my door.

Between my dad and I, we have shot about 5 dozen, with no issues. With my skill level, I wouldn't be able to tell a difference between cheaper and more expensive arrows anyway. And they will kill. I shot my first deer with one of these this year.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311665638698

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

These are the arrows I'm using, $65/dz cut to length, inserts glued in and shipped to my door.

Between my dad and I, we have shot about 5 dozen, with no issues. With my skill level, I wouldn't be able to tell a difference between cheaper and more expensive arrows anyway. And they will kill. I shot my first deer with one of these this year.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/311665638698

Thanks, just hit the link.  The 350's are oos.  Will try again in a week.