Favorite Whiskey Thread

SmokeinTN

What is your favorite whiskey?  Nothing like coming in after a cold hunt and sitting by the fire with a good drink, or maybe its your favorite during the holidays. Lets here what you prefer in a whiskey.   Mine at present is a Bourbon Old Fashion,  muddled with Cherries, orange, a touch of lime with no sugar and some times bitters. Add ice and a touch of club soda sometimes if I'm sticking around for a while.  

old.jpg

• Like 3

What is your favorite whiskey?  Nothing like coming in after a cold hunt and sitting by the fire with a good drink, or maybe its your favorite during the holidays. Lets here what you prefer in a whiskey.   Mine at present is a Bourbon Old Fashion,  muddled with Cherries, orange, a touch of lime with no sugar and some times bitters. Add ice and a touch of club soda sometimes if I'm sticking around for a while.  
old.thumb.jpg.9be5ab4973adf8887df473596a3b9c3c.jpg

So is the question what is our favorite whisky or what is our favorite drink made with whisky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

So is the question what is our favorite whisky or what is our favorite drink made with whisky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chef it can be both if you're a straight shooter great if you're a creator of mixed whiskey's drinks that's fine too. 

• Like 2

Would love to garb some Pappy , but not on the secondary market , my liquor store posts it on FB when he gets his two or three bottles for the year , very hard to,get .

Its often around OD ! 

Nephew in Tenn . His wife is realated to the JD family in some way , I've asked him to,use his connections to score me a bottle , yes I know Buffalo Trace makes Pappy , but figure they all know each,other .

My favorite is Forty Creek , it's a Canadian wiskey and it's only $23 but I like it much better then some costing 3x . This whole limited / craft craze has really suckered many in IMHO .

I prefer three fingers neat in a rocks glass . 

3 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Definitely gonna look for this the next time I make a run!

I'm not a big whisky guy as far as knowledge , been to a tasting at Lisa's liquor  Barn , lol . Either I like it or I don't , friends go nuts over Elmer T , I've bought $60 bottles of various kinds in search of the one .

I just buy Forty Creek now , it's easy drinking as far as I'm concerned .

Let me know what you think .