Favorite Whiskey Thread

SmokeinTN

11 minutes ago, SmokeinTN said:

That's why your healthy today. Back in the day whiskey took care of a lot of ailments. Look at the stuff that's in cough syrup today alcohol is one. 

Yes I would say I'm healthy other than some busted bones and not being able to walk on both feet.I wish we could go back to those times.Gram used to give us a little port wine or brandy if she thought we were Ill 

8 minutes ago, Dom said:

Yes I would say I'm healthy other than some busted bones and not being able to walk on both feet.I wish we could go back to those times.Gram used to give us a little port wine or brandy if she thought we were Ill 

Ah the good ole days a lot of folks don't believe it but for one I was there and it was hard but enjoyed the time. Hard work on the farms little money but we endured. 

• Like 1

I recieved a bottle of Johnny walker platinum in the casket box as a Christmas gift from a deli owner near my job.  This was the second year in a row as a gift he gave them out to the department I work for, very generous man he is.  It is pretty good,  sort of smokey flavor.  I have been enjoying it for sure, as it is much appreciated.   I did buy a bottle of Evan Williams tonight, $16 for a big bottle,  not bad at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I recieved a bottle of Johnny walker platinum in the casket box as a Christmas gift from a deli owner near my job.  This was the second year in a row as a gift he gave them out to the department I work for, very generous man he is.  It is pretty good,  sort of smokey flavor.  I have been enjoying it for sure, as it is much appreciated.   I did buy a bottle of Evan Williams tonight, $16 for a big bottle,  not bad at all.
How big ? 16 bucks .

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, aboa13 said:

I was ready for a road trip. If it was the magnum lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh boy, lol sorry!

I am not an experienced liqour guy obviously.  I just considered this very cheap compared to Jim Beam of similar sizes haha.  I dont believe I actually have noticed the bigger bottles then.

17 minutes ago, SmokeinTN said:

Never had root beer mixer. 

I am inexperienced so take that with a grain of salt, lol.

I enjoy it, for whatever thats worth 

I like to sip straight, bit sometimes a little root beer is nice 

Edited by Bionic
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just at inlaws. SIL was drinking Black Button ( local distillery) bourbon cream and root beer. I had a sip , pretty good. 

I had a Southern Tier Raspberry Wheat Beer. Well , 1/3 is all I could choke down. Plain terrible 

I qouted you in the rabbit food thread, just sayin, you're slackin...lol